Note to New Members ×

Berk. East Dec 31 and Jan 1

Atom Ant

Hmm... I've already made plans for Stowe. But 2 of the 4 of us have already backed out and one is now complaining about a knee injury so is iffy. If the whole thing falls apart and the Beast gets some snow, I might change my plans. I'll post again and let you know.

The real question: what are conditions like???

dingbat good to hear the beast is holding on to what they are making. At ward we are ok but as you know put a few inches down loose a few the next day..Hey we have to catch up there are a few things I want to run past you for this year or maybe even for next..what is a good time to call and the best # to reach you at?

Snow was great today, and plenty deep where it was. The thing is, there's not a whole lot of ground covered.

Chief is pretty solid width, top to bottom.

Lower comp about half width.

Exhibition about half width.

Nice carving conditions today, but I'm still on my softie/rock board.

Couldn't make it Sat due to the roads and fog, and overdid it a little sat. night which ruled out Sunday. glad to hear the cold will be in place this coming week. I guess I'll see everyone at the berkshire event.

Too bad you didn't have the ultimate ice driving machine like me.....2010 Toyota Yaris.:D

State Trooper stopped everyone coming up the hill but me.:p

Anyone planning to ride Friday or on the weekend? How's the snow? Haven't been there on a weekend recently - not too crowded?

I'm planning on coming out on Saturday and may go up to Stratton on Sunday.

I'm also interested in conditions. I heard it may even snow this week. Oh my!

Crowded? Crowded at Berkshire East is when you have to share a ride up the Exhibition quad with someone you've never met before. :D

Snow has improved since the weekend and I'm riding my good gear now. I'll know more tomorrow what the storm brings. Fri morning should be pretty low key. Mid afternoon-evening gets more crowded due to the school groups that come up. Weekend may be crowded since it's MLK, but we'll be way less crowded than anywhere else you could go. As always, I will be there.

Storm was turning to rain. If you let people ski on it, you loose all your new snow, and have glare ice left the next day. Close for the day, let the water drain from the snow and then groom it in, you end up with some pretty nice conditions. It pisses some people off when we do this, but in the long run, it's a really good strategy, especially in a year when it's been so tough to get snow on the ground. Judging from what we have here in the valley, I'd say the hill will look pretty good for tomorrow and the weekend.