Note to New Members ×

Grouse Diaries 2011-12

pan

Saw one guy on hard boot with F2 board on the Cut.

if this was the board:

post-7030-141842361875_thumb.jpg

then it was DAVID. if not then it was probably JOON who is a korean racer who usually rides an SG slalom board and occasionally an f2. however he races on a kessler. i think both DAVID and JOON ride f2 race ti step in bindings. hope that helps you id them. maybe you can recruit young JOON for your team. both are cool and speak good english. unlike most alpine riders i meet they never look down their noses at my burton raceplates or burton alpine boards whenever i bump into them at grouse lol.

Hi Tenorman, I was in the lodge and it was foggy out there. Look like he was on a pointy nose board and rode with his daughter. I think I saw an asian rider the other day. Couldn't see what he's on.

Grouse's forecast said snowing skies. Hope it will be like this all day and tomorrow.

Went up yesterday and tonight.

Update Feb 20:

1st run down centennial, condition was great. But Olympic chair broken down. So I have to hike 20min to the other side. Did 2 runs on the Cut. Snow condition was soft, but too slow. Easy to carve, but too much people. 20 min line-up. Saw one guy on hard boot, look like a burton step-in with Volki RT 158.

Tonight, snow condition was soft, wet and stick on flat. Rain for about 10-15 min.

Will go up Wed, Thu, and Fri. Hard boot on Wed and Fri.

Update on 22th:

The bumps on the peak were too big and too close. I can only ride on the side of the run. Cat track (heaven sake) was very icy and Expo was icy with small bumps Good for working on edging!

Update on 23th:

Tonight, it was very icy on Peak and Expo. The Cut was better. They had groom the Peak, so all the bumps were gone.

Update on 24th:

It was foggy, visibility was variable at night. Kinda bumpy every where. Only stay for an hour then left.

Update on 25th:

Uploaded on first tram. Hero groomed condition on The Cut. Did 4 runs then rush to the tram to download before the traffic arrived.

Update on 27th:

Soft little bumps everywhere. If engaged the edge, the board cut through the snow. On cat track (Heaven Sake), saw an asian rider (light green jacket and pants) on hard boot. Passed him few time.

Will go up again this evening and night for hard boot and freeride training. Look for bright orange jacket!

Update on March 01:

Visibility was limited. Snowing in the evening. Snow was nicely soft and packed. Not many people on the Cut.

Update on March 02:

Great powder run below Olympic chair and soft pack snow on the peak.

Update on March 03:

Sticky powder below Olympic chair. Visibility was variable.

Update on March 04:

Visibility was limited and mostly wet snow everywhere. Started raining in the afternoon.

Surprisingly less skiers/snowboarders on the hill. Haven't seen any hardbooter this week. Probably, will see more kids this week during the strike.

Update March 8:

Did several runs on Expo last night. Nice soft condition. Great for carving. Then, gave a freestyle session for snow school on my plate. Did lots of switch and fs/bs 180. Need to practice my switch fs/bs180 more. At the end, it was a fun session.

Came back from a session at Whistler. Too tired, will take a break tonight. Will go up tomorrow around lunch for training.

Update on March 12:

Everything were standby due the high wind. Until 2pm, blue tram started running. Then, red tram started running around 3pm. Visibility was very limited. Very foggy, snow was very soft packed. Went down the bumps on Peak... mostly sideslipping. Not much traffic! Hopefully, will be very nice tomorrow!!!

Update on March 13:

Soft pack snow everywhere. small bumps on certain section and bigger bumps on Peak. Foggy on upper mountain and better visibility on lower expo. Did some filming with the team. Will do more tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...