Note to New Members ×

Garrett Lisi hosting Invention USA

J0hn

Did anyone happen to catch an episode of "Invention USA" on the history channel? Fellow hardbooter Garrett Lisi is co-hosting this new show. He and his fellow host review new inventions and discuss their merit, deciding whether or not to invest in them. There aren't as many cool gadgets or explosions as Mythbusters, but a pretty cool show none the less. And he was sporting a "Donek" T-shirt as in the "Through the Wormhole" episode. :biggthump With a paycheck from the History channel, I suspect Garrett will be able to live in a deluxe model van now.

....happened to be channel surfing tonight and caught the Donek shirt he was wearing, did a quadruple take when I saw him wearing the shirt in the opening credits and had to rewind to be sure. Had check BOL to confirm I wasn't seeing things! If that was a Nike shirt I'm sure it would have been blurred out.

Leave it to Garrett to do a reverse migration Hawaii to Colorado, I assume. I have not heard much about him since his Way Cool Ted Talk.

Just as an FYI

"Hyper Intelligent Coral", I was remembering/thinking of that this morning.

Maybe with a New 4X4 van he will look forward to some Epic Powder days.

Hey Garrett,

My wife works at a private foundation that focuses on supporting invention and inventors in the US and overseas (particularly developing countries). We watched some of your shows online, and she's very intrigued -- she thinks she knows a few people that might be candidates for you. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Cheers,

Dan