Note to New Members ×

So, how was your weekend...

Slow Eddie

Spent Sunday at Sugarbush North - the first weekend they weren't downlading from mid-mountain. The snow wasn't too bad, where there were few enough people to put down some good turns. Unfortunately, it warmed up after lunch and fog socked in most of the hill. They had snow guns running all day, and with the forecast for this week, I'm hoping riding in VT will be better. At least I didn't have to pay for that day, and I'm glad I was riding the rock board.

Up in Quebec we're getting a great start to the season. The Eastern Township resorts have gotten 35cm in the last week, and the Quebec City area ones have gotten 60cm in the last week! 90% of the trails are open up there and there is powder skiing!

Out at Orford this weekend was really fun. No lift lines, although the snow was plentiful and soft so not the best carving, but that's great for the mountain base.

Conditions were very good at SugarLoaf this weekend. Friday was nice and solid, great for carving on. Tons of terrain open, too. Saturday was pretty soft with a few inches of fresh wet snow on top. This led to a lot of bumps, but that is a great thing for getting in to shape. Sunday was firmer than Saturday with clearer skies and no bumps. It was still a bit soft though, so it was great for trying new tricks which potentially involve face plants and other fine artistic elements.

Spent two days carving up the slush at the tiny hill we've got (Tyrol Basin, just west of Madison in WI), with one run open (the rest of the hill is bone dry - been too warm to make snow!).

They're blowing snow now... I'm itching to get out there when they reopen at 5pm tomorrow.

Appreciate what y'all have got!

twas very cool.

well worth the trip, 7 hrs 1 way for a 25$ 2-day pass.

met up with a ton of peope that were also traveling to check it out. some crazy unicyclists, bunch of people from cananada, and some other people from michigan.

Since Ray's has opened up i've heard rumors of some envious people in brooklyn that want to open up their own type of place.

there is just too much fun stuff to do!