Note to New Members ×

Old School vid 1986-87 winter - France

nils

http://youtu.be/rbo9zjdT6-o

Please do NOT relink / share on other sites.

Thought would be time to share the full 1987 flick.

Features Regis Rolland, Jean Nerva, and many more.

Antoine massy ( with the wool hat) is considered by Jacques ( Rilliet) one of the father of rotation technique...

Regis really has a Gerry Lopez style in his power bottom turns ( frontside pow turns)... ( check at 1.34" ). the air side change at 2.58 was for many years what I thought beeing rad ( still is)...but my fav part is the 10 min mark when they all go full speed!

Most wore dynafit/koflach backcountry boots, but Regis is wearing Bataille bindings ( basically a plastic footstrap and ankle, with a small spoiler). Boards are Apocalypse ( Regis's brand, Hooger Booger, and locally made Bird Surf swallowtails and square tail. )

nils

Thank you for posting this. I especially liked the music since I play saxophone. I got my horn out and played and played along a little bit while the video was playing.I remember the Hooger boards with the feather on the bottom. You could buy some of those boards in Glenwood springs Colorado because there was a shop there that sold Hooger and the owner and his wife rode hard boots and sold alpine boards. Too bad they went out of business and left town. I bought a mistral 159 asym there and demoed a Hot logical. of course this was later than 1988. Bring on the powder so that I can ride my Dupraz.

I love the music too ( very 80's but not soapy and fits the images pretty well

For the record ( googled the name of the band)

- Flute player Benoit Fromanger is internationally known ( played with Bernstein, Boulez, Barenboim..he now directs the Bucarest Philarmony!

-Sax Patrick Bourgoin is a known studio player ( played with Supertramp, Duran-Duran, Ray Charles...

- Violins: Patrice Mondon: Opera de Paris violin + many TV musics..

N