Note to New Members ×

Tanker Vs Donek Hazelwood

forrest

Hello,

I came across the Donek Hazelwood the other day and I was wondering if anyone had ridden it or knew anything about how it behaved compared to the much lauded Tanker. It seems as though most of the big Tankers being sold are NOS or special editions. It appears as though the Donek is a similar beast and more readily available.

Just curious as I am interested in a large powder board that is still capable of carving well with plates and would like to hear any opinions from those with experience.

Thanks

Walker

I own a tanker and love it. I tested both proto 1 and 2 of the Hazelwoods (HW). The HW is much tougher than the tanker and will take some significant abuse that will injure the tanker. The HW cuts through the crud better and carves better than the tanker. If I am not mistaken, and Jim or Sean can correct me if I am wrong, the HW is a vsr which helps in its versatility carving. There is less drag with the increased taper in the powder. Smooth entering, smooth exiting turns.

I rode softies on both and I really liked the proto 2 better. This board is a sweet ride and when my tanker goes this board will probably be the replacement.

Ink

I own a tanker and love it. ... and when my tanker goes this board will probably be the replacement.

Ink

I think I can stop trying to figure out what I can replace my 192 with when it finally kicks (02/03 with probably 100 days on it, softboots). I'm temped to find a backup Tanker because it's my go-to-everyday board; I love the thing. But knowing that there's something Colorado made that could perform as well or better, kind of makes me excited to try it.

T