Note to New Members ×

New TD3 BP Lower Assemblies

Miltie

Fin, Just bolted up a set of the new TD3 BP lower assemblies. Nice work my friend! Just love the feel of snugging down the bolts - it all just goes together like butter. :biggthump

Looking forward to some snow so I can try them out. Thanks for keeping us gear junkies supplied with new goods every year. Also looking forward to the Bomber Secret Plates for my softboot ride. Still trying to convince my wife that I really need a 4mm BBP (so far she isn't buying it). Thanks again and glad you got the podiums at the RTC! Take care, Tom

post-365-141842349826_thumb.jpg

Looking at this fine assembly, why is it not recommended that you use the new lower assembly directly on a board and only on plates? And I thought the new e-ring is black?

(I think) Due to:

- I remember a well known binding has the "board destroyer" issue on one of its model that came with round shape base plate. Then they made the lexan plate to go in between board and binding to spread the force.

TD2, 3 etc came with 3 xtra leaves and I still manage to bend some of the leaves when it came with thinner leave on earlier production.

- Sitting where the Plate is attached to the board - where the stiffest part of the plate structure.

But don't take my word for it...

Fin, Just bolted up a set of the new TD3 BP lower assemblies

I've seen only 3 notch adjustment in the centre plate. Why not 4 as other TDs? Is the centre plate dia. smaller?

...I really need a 4mm BBP..

Is 4mm thicker or thinner thn standard production? May I know why you want this thickness?

Thx,

RT

Scooby, The 4mm BBP is thinner than the 5mm available last season. The 4mm version offers a little more flex. I have the 5mm and would like to try the 4mm. I weigh about 155-160 lbs and think the 4mm might feel a bit better especially at lower speeds where I need to pedal a bit (slowing for lift lines, cat tracks or traffic areas).

Regarding the 4 notch adjustment.... All my other TD3s are only 3 notch.

Regards, Tom

Is 4mm thicker or thinner thn standard production? May I know why you want this thickness?

The "normal" (first) version is a 5mm plate - very stiff, more isolation from the board, the feeling most racers like. The "newer" (second) version is 4mm - it is supposed to provide the rider with more feedback from the board, the isolation effect is not that strong, better performance at slower speeds, so some freecarvers might prefer the feeling.

Scooby, The 4mm BBP is thinner than the 5mm available last season. The 4mm version offers a little more flex. I have the 5mm and would like to try the 4mm. I weigh about 155-160 lbs and think the 4mm might feel a bit better especially at lower speeds where I need to pedal a bit (slowing for lift lines, cat tracks or traffic areas).

Got it, thx.

Regarding the 4 notch adjustment.... All my other TD3s are only 3 notch...

My bad...

RT