Note to New Members ×

Deals around the Aspen area??

drummr25

Hi all,

I'm making my trip here from Virginia to Co for my yearly snowboard trip. I normally stay & ride in the Breckenridge/Vail/Beaver area- but this year i've apparently scored a free place to stay by Steamboat! I've never been there- but i've heard great things. I'm thinking about maybe going down to the Aspen area as well for a day or 2, since i've never been there either. Here's the question: Since i normally do the "Epic" pass at Breck- what's the best deal going for this area- "Triple-play"? I realize that many of the best deals are in conjunction with getting a place to stay too- but i really only need that for a night or 2 tops. Will be in the area(s) for aprox. 1 week. Thanks for any/all replies...and i hope to run into some hard-booters out there! :)

Is the place your staying at real close to Steamboat? If so you would be better off riding at Steamboat.It would be a long drive from Steamboat to Aspen. I don't know if you can get much of a deal on lift tickets for Aspen without buying the 7 day classic pass but maybe there are deals out there I don't know about? I haven't heard of a triple play? When are you coming out? Sometimes deals can be had after the holidays. Sorry I don't know more but I don't stay overnite much? If you can go to SES in Aspen in Febuary that would be the best way to ride with a bunch of hardbooters and ride 3 diffrent mountains all in the same town.

It would be a long drive from Steamboat to Aspen.
He's right. Its about 4-5 hours from Steamboat to Aspen IF the weather is good.
I haven't heard of a triple play?

I think this is the new pass that is being offered for $300 bucks and 2 days at Winter Park, 2 days at Steamboat, and 2 days at Aspen - or something like that right? Outside of this deal, it is VERY difficult to find discounted tickets to the Aspen mountains, and if you're willing to do the drive this is a very good deal.

As far as Lodging in Aspen, look into the St. Moritz. They have dorm style and otherwise cheap rooms and a nice big hot pool :)

• 4 weeks later...
Call me when you're in Steamboat and we'll hook up.

Nine Seven Zero- Eight Four Six Two Three Nine One.

Dave Winters

I appreciate the invitation...i'll try to give you a call depending on where we're at..since i'm the only hardbooter in the group- i'm bringing my soft setup too to ride with everyone else. :)

• 1 month later...
Call me when you're in Steamboat and we'll hook up.

Nine Seven Zero- Eight Four Six Two Three Nine One.

Dave Winters

Wow- our trip was amazing...thanks everyone here for your help/guidance! Dave- sorry we never had the chance to hook up & ride...my service was "spotty" at best in Steamboat where we stayed. As icy as it was last week, i felt more comfortable in my softie setup with my BX board. Being sucha newb in hardboots...i'm sure i would have only slowed you down. I did get out all day (last Tues i think) on the new Prior- and it felt great! But my friends wanted to tear it up in the woods, ect...so the soft set-up had to come back out.

We made the drive from Steamboat to Aspen in about 4hrs- maybe a bit less. Angie- thanks for the info about St. Moritz...that's where we stayed. Very nice little room with a kitchen, and the place was staffed with super-nice people that even offered complimentary rum & cider in the lobby! We walked everywhere we needed to get to at night, and the mountains were a short free shuttle-ride away. Couldn't ask for more. Already recieved an email offering 10% off on my next visit- i think i'll have to do that!

I was plesently surprised to find a "Bomber" tent at the bottom of one of the lifts at Buttermilk on Saterday! It was late in the day, and i chatted with some nice people (including Fin). I've decided to work even harder this year to make it to the ECES at Stratton at the end of the month. Unfortunately, i was only on my soft setup that day- but i enjoyed watching you guys lay down some trenches!

Thanks again for everyone's input...looking forward to Colorado again already next year! :eplus2: