Note to New Members ×

Easy booster-strap question

So...there seems to be two ways to do this, and I'm wondering if there's any advantage/disadvantage either way:

Does the booster strap (or any other upper boot velcro style strap) go over JUST the liner tongue (and thus behind the boot tongue), or over BOTH liner tongue and boot tongue?

when you say "locked," do you still mean loose enough so that the strap can move along the tongue up and down as the boot flexes forward and back?

PS - Dave/Puddy Tat: I called your number to give feedback. Do you work in a credit department? I mentioned "carving" to the secretary and she didn't know who to forward the call to

;)

I went and looked at the Booterstrap site it's more in line with what Queequeg wrote.

Here's their english brochure on strap adjustment.

http://www.boosterstrap.eu/brochures/inglese.pdf

Pg 3 Item one under adjustment, they recommend putting it between the shell and the liner. The boot shown has a very low shell though.

This is so odd because I swear I've never been wrong before. :smashfrea

On the UPZ RC-10s on Dan's site I can't see the booster strap at all on the racer's boots (www.UPZboots.com) However all pictures of the boots just sitting there show it over the boot shell's tongue.

So I'm not sure. I understand the actual Boosterstrap is a slightly different design from the velcro strap on the UPZs though. In that it has buckles and varying amounts of elasticity depending on the strap.

Maybe someone else can chime in here

Dave

So...there seems to be two ways to do this, and I'm wondering if there's any advantage/disadvantage either way:

Does the booster strap (or any other upper boot velcro style strap) go over JUST the liner tongue (and thus behind the boot tongue), or over BOTH liner tongue and boot tongue?

My liners have a strap and my shells have a strap, a booster strap is a shell strap, it's got an elastic band, section, liner straps don't.

I put my booster straps under the tongues, over the liners. Just like all my skiing buddies. It honestly never occurred to me to put it over the tongue, as I was trying to cure shin bang.

I'm going to have to try this under the tongues and over the liners. I would have assumed that it was better to tie everthing (boot, liner, and calf) into a unit to eliminate shin bang.

Dave

On the UPZ it's clearly a shell strap (ie - strap isn't connected to liner) but I have room under the tongue still. I'll try it both ways and see - I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making some terrible mistake by doing it one way over the other.

thanks for the replies