Note to New Members ×

Will we ever see Sidewinder Step-Ins?

Sinecure

Maybe this has been discussed and I missed it. But is there some reason why we can't have TD3 Sidewinder Step-In bindings?

Yes, I am too old/lazy/weak to bend down and clip in. Not really, but I love the convenience of remote SI release, with the option to paddle along a flat, then step in and continue riding while still moving.

Sinecure,

Sorry for the slow response here. This one slipped by.

Afraid not much has changed from my last responses to this question:

1) Will a TD3 Step-in SideWinder exist - Yes :biggthump

2) When will it be available - don't know :freak3:

Sorry to be vague but I learned a long time ago, under promise - over deliver :D

The rear heel receiver is what is the mechanical challenge here. I have made a few prototypes that work but they would be a nightmare to produce at volume. So once I have that figured out, it will be going down.

But don't worry about this not happening, it will. Why? Because i want to ride it dammit! I so want this myself. Call me a lazy bastard, but once you go step-in it is SO hard to go back.

Soon........

Call me a lazy bastard

Lazy Bastard! :rolleyes:

You asked. Now go make them for us other lazy bastard. Especially this particular lazy bastard who is goofy and just learned that I need a new left hip. I'm not in any hurry to get the hip, but in the meantime, it is nearly impossible to bend down and get myself in and out of soft boot strap bindings (even Flows) or hard boot bail bindings.

I wore out my alu heel receivers with fintecs last season so I guess I need to buy steel receivers rather than wait for SI SW's.

Keep up the good work you lazy bastard.

Lazy Bastard! :rolleyes:

You asked. Now go make them for us other lazy bastard. Especially this particular lazy bastard who is goofy and just learned that I need a new left hip. I'm not in any hurry to get the hip, but in the meantime, it is nearly impossible to bend down and get myself in and out of soft boot strap bindings (even Flows) or hard boot bail bindings.

I wore out my alu heel receivers with fintecs last season so I guess I need to buy steel receivers rather than wait for SI SW's.

Keep up the good work you lazy bastard.

Been there done that. :ices_ange ;) :biggthump

• 4 weeks later...