Note to New Members ×

Using different liners in UPZ RC-10

Ernie00

• 1 month later...

Scarpa/Intuition Liners - use Intuition heat pipe blower or a convection oven.* The Scarpa and Intuition Power Wrap liners are different.* The Scarpa variant is 6mm soft and 6 mm high density foam while the Intuition liner is 3mm soft and 12 mm high density.* If you are using a convection oven @ 120°C heat for 8-10 min for the Scarpa and 12-15 min for the Intuition.*

http://www.nstelemark.com/NSTelemark/Telemark_Boot_Fitting.html

If you bought the Scarpa brand thermowraps from Gear X, then use Scarpa instructions.

Move the oven rack to the lowest position, line the rack with tin foil, heat up the oven, place one liner at a time on tin foil, make sure the liner won't expand into an element; tin foil over the liner is not a bad idea. I usually turn the oven off at this point so the burner's don't turn on while my liner is cooking. The liner is ready when it is floppy. If it starts smelling burnt, you need to get it out fast, but some smell is normal, more of rubbery smell, just no burnt :nono:

Like I said, I don't cook my liners anymore cuz they fit fine after a few days of use, but you can get a better heel pocket with cooking.

Back from vermont and tried to the liner in the boot. I was very surprised how comfy it actually was without any heating of molding. I might give it a try without cooking them and go from there.

Thanks for the cooking lesson!

I think the UPZ / Scarpa Hybrid might be the good match for me and for 29$ can`t beat that.

• 2 weeks later...
Got the Scarpa liners today from Gear X and the Mondo 30 actually fit in my 27.5 shells after cooking. Feel great. $29.99 for the liners, $20 for shipping and $23 for UPS to get them over the border. :eek: Canadians, buy 2.

I bought the same as above but am afraid to cook them. Do they really shrink that much as they are way too big to fit the way they are? Please assure me that they will fit before I cook them. Thanks,

Arne