Note to New Members ×

Portland's First 90 degree day !!!

Saturday?? First one. Works for me!! I prefer 70.

Just for the record we have not had a 90 degree day yet this summer!! In the comparison to the rest of the country it has been really pleasant.

Still plenty of riding going on on Mt Hood. http://www.timberlinelodge.com/conditions/

I have been giving some thought to coming down to ride there.As I have never ridden there, I have a question.Do you feel that driving down(8 hours or so) and spending a couple of days riding there and a day or two doing other stuff(a visit with you for example) would be worth the trip as far as the amount terrain and conditions? This is of course, with the knowledge that any riding in the Summer is better than no riding;but the reality of my tight budget still begs the question.

Hi Steve, it is certainly different than winter riding. Go back to our Timberline threads and look for the late season months. By the time to look through the photos and read about the days you will feel like you have alreaday been there. I would say it is worth it , especially on a budget. Gas, a few lift tickets to experience summer riding.

NOTE:. I preach this year after year after year. Late spring is the best time. Not late summer. That said, it is a very different riding experience well worth checking out.

Got a camper? Tent?? My place is in the middle of some heavy construction. However if you are not too fussy I can provide some space for a few days to a week? I am working on a rental next door to me that is empty. I am painting in there but we can work something out if you don't mind driving into Vancouver each day. Frankly there are so many other thinks to do from here I would recommend it. Mt St Helens, The Gorge, Portland parks, zoo, beach all with an hour or two.

Bryan

I am more serious about doing this now.Maureen and the boys are taking a trip for a few days with family friends from the 25th to the 28th(next week).I was thinking I would come down those days if that's not too short of notice? Maybe the night of the 24th arrival and either Sunday afternoon or Monday morning departure.When it comes to couch surfing I'm not picky.

How far from Timberline are you?

Hi Steve, I do have some plans during that period. However, you are welcome to come.

I am about an hour and twenty minutes from Timberline. Pretty easy drive.

The last five miles are very steep and winding. No snow , so it is a fun drive.

About the same distance to Mt Hood Meadows and I do that trip allot.

Email me / or PM directly for phone numbers , address , details.

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...
I am more serious about doing this now.Maureen and the boys are taking a trip for a few days with family friends from the 25th to the 28th(next week).I was thinking I would come down those days if that's not too short of notice? Maybe the night of the 24th arrival and either Sunday afternoon or Monday morning departure.When it comes to couch surfing I'm not picky.

How far from Timberline are you?

Steve.

TIMBERLINE:

September 5th is the last day of the summer season. Get in that summer riding while you still can!

A little hot today dude!! Hope you can stay in the shade.

I keep the house nice and cool so I can duck in frequently.

Did you have it delivered? Means you have to pick it "UP" and then move it.:(

I use a small trailer to do 1/2 yard loads. The "Drive Time" allows me to cool down too. AC on HIGH for the 1/2 hour round trip. Put down 10 loads or 5 yards this past week. Most I did was 4 loads in one day. Currently doing all 5/8ths minus to top off some 1-1/2" minus. The 1-1/2 is not fun to walk on:o but builds a good base. Last winter is was pretty muddy. Using the truck to "Roller" pack it, looks almost like ashphalt. Expanding "The Compound" :biggthump

I'm building the boys a 250 foot bmx 'pump track' in the back yard.Digging up the sod and using it to make the berms and whoops.It's turning out great so far.I'm calling it a day now,since I'm pretty sure I've lost 10 pounds of water since starting yesterday.

You don't have 10 to lose, be carefull!!

Photos? What a great Dad!! Watch the neighbor kids. Hate to say it but you might want "Releases"?? Have fun!!

Since moving to our new (15 acre) digs this, a backhoe, and a 6 yd dump truck have made things a tad easier:eplus2: Good thing as we have about 2500 ft of driveway:freak3:

Nice!!

I am surprised the snow hasn't melted yet. :smashfrea

Track Hoe too?? Jealous.

My humble system / shovel.:D

post-198-141842346708_thumb.jpg