Note to New Members ×

Team 8 Snowboards -SL and BX

MikeC

Dropping these both by $50, need them sold. FYI Team 8 is what Seth Wescott uses on his trips to Alaska. Give Greg a call and he'll confirm both that and what these boards were built for.

Most of you have never heard of Team 8, so here is Greg's site, although it is currently being reworked. http://www.teameight.com/

At the end of last season I worked with Greg to create a metal BX board and non-metal slalom board to use at the 2011 USASA Nationals. Both could be considered prototypes however they could be reproduced if you had the spec sheet that we used to build them.

First board is the BX. SOLD Specs are below, it has two sheets of .04 titanal, the board is pretty stiff, at 180 pounds with a strong build I was able to rail it. A lighter person might have a harder time with it.

26cm waist

12.5m radius

162cm length

3* Edge

1* Base

Precision Grind

It has a squared nose and tail, effective edge is pushing 140cm. If you are looking for:

A) A powerful morning groomer board or

B) You are a heavier rider looking for a new BX board, this is it.

With out the metal construction, this board would cost you $350 new. Taking into consideration the price of the titanal and shipping from Canada, its current condition, and the grind/wax on it, a fair price would be around $300.

Second is the slalom board, I found this board to soft for my 180 pounds. Going hard into turns the board would tighten up to much for my liking. I would say a good range would be 140-170, depending on how you ride.

21cm waist

10m radius

162cm length

140cm+ effective edge.

Has a combination of edge bevels ranging from 1* to 3* edge, I would recommend having them done to your liking as they were done to mine.

It is built using poplar/aspen core, a good bit of rubber, and carbon to help dampen everything out. Needless to say it grips extremely well. The board has exactly 5 runs on it, no more than 3 miles on the snow. Out the door this was $350, I will let it go for $250.

Buyer pays shipping, Ill take paypal or a sale in person. Pictures can be sent to serious buyers only, I'm not on enough to entertain window shoppers.

Thanks guys,

Mike

Most of you have never heard of Team 8, so here is Greg's site, although it is currently being reworked. http://www.teameight.com/

At the end of last season I worked with Greg to create a metal BX board and non-metal slalom board to use at the 2011 USASA Nationals. Both could be considered prototypes however they could be reproduced if you had the spec sheet that we used to build them.

First board is the BX. Specs are below, it has two sheets of .04 titanal, the board is pretty stiff, at 180 pounds with a strong build I was able to rail it. A lighter person might have a harder time with it.

12.5m radiu

162cm length

3* Edge

1* Base

Precision Grind

It has a squared nose and tail, effective edge is pushing 140cm. If you are looking for:

A) A powerful morning groomer board or

B) You are a heavier rider looking for a new BX board, this is it.

With out the metal construction, this board would cost you $350 new. Taking into consideration the price of the titanal and shipping from Canada, its current condition, and the grind/wax on it, a fair price would be around $350

Im interested in the bx. Photos? Decambered? Felicelance at gmail dot com

You'll be looking at some pretty good shipping fees to get it to where you are.

Prefer to discus any fees with actual numbers. That is no surprise for me and ok.

Anyway, i got a US shipping adrdres(that's how i get US stuff now), so you can ship there, and all the rest is my problems and fees.