Note to New Members ×

Rossignol Freecarve binding question...

I found some Rossignol Freecarve alpine snowboard bindings, NIB, $100 for two complete sets minus the "adjustment/base plate".

Is there anything I need to be concerned about with these bindings, i.e are they fragile, will I be able to use a generic base plate, will they fit a larger boot?

I plan to use them for setting up a variety of all mountain boards and splits.

Thanks!

I found some Rossignol Freecarve alpine snowboard bindings, NIB, $100 for two complete sets minus the "adjustment/base plate".

Is there anything I need to be concerned about with these bindings, i.e are they fragile, will I be able to use a generic base plate, will they fit a larger boot?

I plan to use them for setting up a variety of all mountain boards and splits.

Thanks!

Photos would verify vintage/model. They were likely OEM 'd by Fritchi or one of the other major manufactures of the time. They were pretty fair construction with very simple boot length adj. Not sure of the max width, probably 30, maybe 31M. Although Sno-Pro of the same era only went to 28.5. Just know that plastic bindings from the early to mid 90s are now 20 years old. Many bindings from that era would be questionable , even if they were brand new and made yesterday, especially for the larger more aggressive riders.

$(KGrHqR,!mIE2EINU!hDBNrcK2UyQg~~_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230638987195&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

I already have two pairs of the Nidecker Freecarve (nylon framed), was looking to use these for inexpensive/lightweight set ups for all mtn hardbooting and on a couple homemade spits.

Though I am getting back into hardbooting, for me and my son, the hardboot boot and binding setup is more of an alternative to soft booting than a entre into carving.

If I was to get a dedicated carver, I'd get some Virus or similar.

Thanks for the feedback, just trying to decide if it's worth $100 for two pairs of these bindings.

Those are definitely some of the newest (latest) models of Rossi bindings I have seen. Photos are too dark to see

much detail of the entire binding.

They look more like the Nidecker Carbon Race.

FYI. You may want to clarify terms. "Base Plate" is typically used to refer to the entire plate (what the toe and heel bales bolt to". What you refer to are "Center Mounting Discs". Mounting the plate to the board. They are more than likely unique to that binding model. Hopefully they used the same disk for their soft boot bindings, making it considerably easier to find.

Good luck.

The price is right. (as long as you can procure the mounting disks)

post-198-141842345345_thumb.jpg

I have a set of those and a set of the Rossi Race Carbon on a Rossi 185 Swallowtail and a Rossi 165 Slayer Alpine board. I've used them since they came out in he 90's with no problems.

I did have to modify a set of center dics's (metal) for one set, but the techs at Rossignol in Utah saw the disc's and said that I shouln't have any problem with them. That was about 15 years ago and I still ride them when I'm not riding my Coiler.

I weigh about 175 and they have worked well for me, and they are probably the lightest plates I know of.

Mick