Note to New Members ×

mystery board

jason_watkins

I saw an interesting board on the hill yeserday (mt hood meadows) and am wondering if anyone knows what it is.

It was a wide, short boadercross shape. But, it had a long nose, with the point just rounded off a bit. Somewhat like the fish or the voile boards, but even longer. It also had a rounded tail, but with the last few cm of the tail chopped straight accross.

She was riding it with plates.

fleaman: yes, like the ones in the middle.

linknturns: gee... unless you got a gold medal hanging around your neck, I'm pretty sure there's women faster than you. Besides, is hassling random chicks your method? How's that work out for ya.... ohh, I guess based on the avatar maybe you go straight for the grope? :p

Guest Pre School Rider

would be a Burton Air from the '95 season,but I'll scour some old Buyer's Guides and see if another board fits the description. BTW,I get some questions about my Rad-Air Obsession's squared-off-but-curved-up tail all the time.My reply is that it keep it from tipping over when I stand it up in a rack.Really,it dosen't ever affect the board's switch handling,reduces swing weight a tad,and indeed dosen't tip over propped against a wall. At times,I almost feel sorry for the new-schoolers! ;-)

Originally posted by Pre School Rider

would be a Burton Air from the '95 season,but I'll scour some old Buyer's Guides and see if another board fits the description.

I think 1993 is the last season that the tails were REALLY squared off, after it was softly squared for a couple of years, before seeing all the rounded tails we have now. My soft board is a 1993 Burton Air (like the one at the bottom of the picture) and the tail is pretty squarred off for a freestyle board. Also, it is around the same years that the tip and tails were starting to have a similar lenght instead of having a long nose and short tail.

About the boards in the middle of the picture, I would say more early 90s, because they have really square shapes and have little sidecut.

Derf