Note to New Members ×

Um... whats the big deal with northwaves??

DiveBomber

Lucky you!

Usually people with Deeluxe has trouble with the ankle going everywere, me too.

And, sorry to say that, wiht BTS springs locking problems.

The black Thermoflex liners were too thin and resulted in heel lift for me and others. I replaced those with my old gray thermoflex and then everything was fine. The new red Thermoflex liners are just like the good old gray ones.

I've had no problems with my BTS.

I almost grabbed some dallbellos off of TGR cheap but was advised that the 27.5 would be a bit big for me.

27 raichles fit great, I've tried to down size to 26.5 (r foot 26.5x105mm, l foot 27x110mm)but even with thin thermoflex the toe box is too short & narrow. My 27.5 nordica & technicas fit well enough.

Can someone compare the fit of the dalbellos to the Raichle SBs?

27 and 27.5 are the same shell size.

I found that the AF 700 and Krypton are close to the same in length for size 24 but the Krypton's are narrower and just a hair shorter than the AF 700's. The Kryptons are a 99 mm width so I'm guessing that the AF 700's are a 103 mm width. From my experience, I wouldn't downsize going from Raichle to Dalbello.

A bit of mixed information from this side...

I guess you are talking Dalbello Kryptons. They were developed from Raichle Flexons, just like the SB series too. Every time I tried Flexons, they felt even narrover then SBs in the mid foot and maybe a bit longer?

As for the Dalbello CRX, to SBs, they are wider in the fore and mid foot and narrower at the heel, while slightly shorter.

Your Nordica (TR9?) should be a bit wider then SB/Flexon.

As for the Dalbello CRX, to SBs, they are wider in the fore and mid foot and narrower at the heel, while slightly shorter.

Your Nordica (TR9?) should be a bit wider then SB/Flexon.

Just for clarification, when you say "they are wider..." are you referring to the CRX's or SB's?

Thanks.

Thnx B, Sorry for the threadjack DB but..

I'm going for a cheap pair of FullTilt classics and hope they'll be as good a cross over boot as the dalbellos.

If I get them cheap enough and the heel structure will handle it, I'm going to mod them to accept the Nitro stepin heels.

p.s. I have nordica SBH, same as TR9, as well as GranPrix ski boots, I use the GranPrix liners (better fit & support than any liner ever, even moldable) in all my boots but use thermoflex on deep pow days.

Those Nordicas felt significantly narrower than the Langes to me.

As well they would; as well, they are.

Point being, as you spent a winter in the Nordica, you should have no problem with the Krypton/Flexon. I skied the first two generations of the Raichle back when they were called the Flexon 5, and they were wider than the Lange.

One of the issues back then, and still, is that the internal hindfoot contour of the Raichle/Deeluxe/(and presumably) Krypton, bears more resemblance to the inside of an oatmeal box than to the shape of an actual ankle/heel. This will, invariably, lead to slippage for some users.

Some of their hiking boots suffered from the same design issue.

Those Nordicas felt significantly narrower than the Langes to me.

Point being, as you spent a winter in the Nordica, you should have no problem with the Krypton/Flexon. I skied the first two generations of the Raichle back when they were called the Flexon 5, and they were wider than the Lange.

One of the issues back then, and still, is that the internal hindfoot contour of the Raichle/Deeluxe/(and presumably) Krypton, bears more resemblance to the inside of an oatmeal box than to the shape of an actual ankle/heel. This will, invariably, lead to slippage for some users.

Some of their hiking boots suffered from the same design issue.

Point being, as you spent a winter in the Nordica, you should have no problem with the Krypton/Flexon.

I didn't like the width of those boots. They were merely my "payment" for being on the Sugarloaf demo team. (lol)

I skied the first two generations of the Raichle back when they were called the Flexon 5, and they were wider than the Lange.

It's worth finding out for sure, but man, just looking at my dad's Kryptons they look a heck of a lot narrower than I remember my Langes.