Note to New Members ×

Got Some Money to Spend... What Gear Should I buy?

Atom Ant

Binding options are:

Nidecker Free Carve Plate (least expensive at $150)-- CRAP I have ridden them

IBEX ----SAME BINDING THE PURECARVE GUYS RIDE IF THATS HOW YOU ARE RUNNING YOUR BOOTS AND THE STYLE YOU WANT TO RIDE THEN MAYBE A GOOD OPTION?? THEY DO SOME TIMES HAVE BAILS BREAK N YOU NEED TO REPLACE THEM, THEY ARE BURTON BINDINGS THAT HAVE BEEN REPRODUCED. still own some pairs for my wife.

Phiokka-- WAY TO STIFF ,OUTDATED HARD, TO GET PARTS FOR. rode them for a while also

SnowPro (pretty sure these are IBEX)- NOT IBEX OLD SCHOOL BINDING FOR LITTLE RIDDERS WHO WANT A BUNCH OF FLEX BUT WONT BE LANDING HARD ETC. N SUCH. rode them as a kid when I was little they break if I try n ride them now.

Volkl (Race Tiger) CRAP /SEE SNOWPRO

F2 Carver RS (assuming I can locate a pair) AGAIN GREAT FOR THE LIGHT WEIGHTS. my wife has a pair or two I wouldn't try to ride them for fear of them breaking.

I AM NOT YELLING IN CAPS JUST TO LAZY TO MOVE YOUR QUESTIONS AROUND OUT OF THE QUOTE BOX.

I need a flexible, forgiving binding that isn't going to break easily. Thoughts everyone?

Maybe just turn eight screws with your current F2s for a little while and see if that is the feel you want, If you want more flex on your new board and boot set up, go to IBEX if you want less maybe sidwinders they are adjustable side to side but not toe to heel but you can use different e-rings, If the F2s work then maybe you buy another pair. Since you already own a good set of F2s why not let yourself find out when the snow falls? I have also ridden sidewinders, TD1s, TD2s,TD3.

Just throwing this out there. I do a little freestyle on hard boots but really enjoy a New School boardercross set up for playing around. I run Burton Diode bindings, SLX boots (some times Drivers) and what ever METAL or Oxcess boardcross deck catches my eye that day, no problem railing turns with body parts dragging n such. I see MCLANK has one for sale in the classifieds...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying not to spend the entire wad on just one snowboard... as I mentioned I am dropping at least $400 on bindings. So that makes the board / other budget about $1600.

Again, thanks all for the input.

I think I am a little confused as to what I really did to offend so many people. I asked for some advice and instead seems to get shouted at because I didn't want to spend $450 on some sidewinders. I think Sidewinders are great, but just because I have $2Gs to spend doesn't mean I am determined to spend every penny. I put a list of bindings in my post above because those are the ones I am interested in and if I wanted sidewinders I would have put them on that list.

I called Sean up at Donek and asked, "metal or glass?" and he said glass. I trust him.

You are either confused or trolling...

Since we are reading about Sean out of context we don't know...

IF I had the choice to buy glass or titanal without any knowledge of either I would definitely go titanal, if I knew glass and titanal and wanted to suffer through slop and crud, lose my edge on ice and be more fatigued at the end of the day I would go glass.

As this thread is trying to make good points about plates, I agree, a plate for any hard snow is wonderful, not so much for soft snow.

I actually can see how and why a plate is nice for freecarving. I rode one last year at SES and actually enjoyed it, although you have to find the right plate for you (Donek plate was much friendlier to me than the Boiler). That said, I don't think its a piece of equipment appropriate or necessary for someone who is just starting out at carving or even at a lower intermediate level. I think it should be limited to advanced riders only. I can definitely see someone throwing one of those on a board and tanking off the side of a trail because it makes you go Mach 10.

• 3 weeks later...
see if Nate still has his Oxxes available

who promptly took 1st at Nationals in BX as the youngest competitor in Jams, as an 18 year old!

We now have each a set of Kesslers Sl, GS and a set of Oxess SL, GS and BX to do to the tried and true tests on the ruts this season-- both boys are having a blast in racing! And I am cancer-free!