Note to New Members ×

Anybody for the next WE???

syavab

Well, I swore I'd NEVER go back there BUT, I have a weekend off and BM is closed & I see CB is offering $25 tickets so :freak3::confused: ??

Maybe, if anyone else is heading up? Does anyone know IF they are still doing the Free Pass offer to anyone with a Season Pass from another Pa. ski area?

Is it even woth going? I'm 'hard-up' to ride, but not sure if I'm that 'hard-up' ??

Really nice today at Camelback. Sorry I missed the post. I'll be there tomorrow too. Spent most of my time on Pocono Raceway; nice and wide and pretty empty. There were at least 5 other people on alpine gear, two of them kids!

Oh, the line to get the free ticket was slow... anyone thinking of doing this, get there early to avoid frustration.

They had only one lift going at first, and the lines got long about 11 or so. But then they opened up a few other lifts, and let you take the park lift (to Pocono Raceway). Pretty much empty for a few hours, then they closed lifts down again at 2:00 and the lines came back.

Even the bad lift lines were maybe only 10 minutes, though.

I was an instructor at Camelback for a couple of seasons in the late 90s. It kinda makes me laugh to hear comments about the liftlines. I grew up in PA and certainly have memories of some long liftlines (Ski Roundtop), but now I live in Montana where liftlines are pretty much non-existent! But I guess this is a pretty long season for Pocono resorts. I always thought it was good if they made it until mid-March..... now my mountain generally closes the second weekend in April with not a bare spot in sight! If only they could make money and find a way to stay open longer.... guess I'm asking too much.

Kinpa: same deal here--hills close when they're fully covered, just because not enough people come. I guess when there's a warmish day in March people put their snow gear in storage. We've got one more weekend here (thanks to a foot of snow last week at CB) ... then I guess I need to figure out a way to get up to VT/ME/NH for a weekend. I hear CB is much bigger than it used to be--how many runs wher you were there? Where in Montana are you now?

Jp1: Curious about the isolation plates. If you come this weekend, maybe you could bring them? Good to meet you!

Well, my mom still lives in the Poconos so I hear from her you guys got some great late season snow. When I got married the first time, it was at Shawnee on March 19th and I remember the snow being quite soft... don't remember bare spots though....

I did some skiing at Camelback when I was a kid in the early 80s... do you remember when Pocono Raceway had a T-Bar? However, when I did teach there in the late 90s, they did already have the Nile Mile stuff open. I can't remember exactly how many runs, but maybe I ought to look at the website and see what they have now. I was there about 3 summers ago to visit my mom and went to the water park. I'm always amazed at how much $$$$ gets dumped into that!

Now I teach and ride at a small mountain on the Montana / Idaho border called Lookout Pass www.skilookout.com It's not the biggest resort type place by any means, but it's a good safe family environment to raise the kids! My daughter is 9 and getting better on her board, but she is kinda cautious like me so I'm not pushing her at all.