Note to New Members ×

Things finally starting to flow...

Bora20

Today was an epic day at Sun Peaks. Great snow, no crowds, and my carving finally clicked. The snow was falling and it was soft, not the ice we have had the past month.

Centered my bindings on the inserts, concentrated on finishing my turns, and almost have my TD3 SI dialed in. I also worked on riding slower and smoother, using lateral pressure to initiate turns and worked to get the board on edge quicker.

I ran the same blue race practice run all day long and things just clicked today. I had a few washouts and lots of stopping, but overall I think I am finally getting the hang of this carving thing. I didn't crouch today and rode with straighter legs, letting my entire body initiate carves, not my lower half.

Now to sell the 4WD 179 as it is a bit too long and get Bruce working on that AMT :biggthump

heh, I sort of found the opposite: getting lower, really bending my knees and using my upper body less has started to get me where I wanted to be. One thing I have noticed, is that when you are really nailing carves and your form is great, everything "slows down." I mean...you're going the same speed, but I just feel like when I'm really in the zone I have lots more time to think, react, and I'm not scared of the speed. (sometimes I feel like I'm going too slow!)

Congrats on a great day! Enjoy them while you can. I had one of those on Saturday, and I was most disappointed at being forced off the run by racer types, because I was having such a banger day.

Funnily enough, I was having all sorts of problems a month or so back, and then I went to a freestyle camp for 2 days and learned how to ride duck, and huck my carcass off stuff. Since then, my carving has been wonderful. I have no idea why, but suddenly everything just seems to be in the right place at the right time. Go figure.

I can only put it down to having an increased awareness of where my body is. Doing things I hadn't done before (like ride pipe, where rotation is paramount, and ride switch), made me think hard about where I was and what I was doing ... and must have carried over to the carving. I'll take it!

You'll LOVE the AMT. Those are such great boards.

heh, I sort of found the opposite: getting lower, really bending my knees and using my upper body less has started to get me where I wanted to be.

Word. Exact same here. It's when I get low that good things happen. I think it's a lot easier and natural to angulate when your knees are really bent. One of my jobs for this summer is doing a lot of squats and chairs against the wall to build up those muscles.

I was definitely lower, but in the knees not the waist. My abs have been hurting for 3 days so I know I was doing something right.

I agree with the slower feeling. I was still railing as I could tell from my wipeouts, but everything felt smoother.

Can't wait for Sunday to do it all again.

Dude...chill out on the board sale. Every post you make is about mentioning that board. A 4WD is one of the easiest boards to sell on this forum. Patience brother!

You would think so, but not even a nibble.

BTW, I have a 4WD for sale and I want to buy a Coiler :flamethro