Note to New Members ×

Donek plate and GS board for sale

evnewsphoto

This is a Donek plate system with hardware that is used for alpine/racing, it is 180 width and I have at most 10 days on it (got it in January direct from Sean), there are a few minor scuff marks and marks from my bindings but rides like it's still brand new. $340 or best offer + $25 shipping

Sean is all sold out for the year and won't be selling any more until he makes new ones next year so this is your only chance to get one now!

post-9075-141842340703_thumb.jpg

post-9075-141842340705_thumb.jpg

post-9075-141842340707_thumb.jpg

If nobody buys it here I will put it on ebay.

I am surprised that no one wants the plate, I am going to put it on ebay so more eyeballs can see it but I'll take offers until then, I would like to get what I paid for it considering how little I used it but I am open to offers. Email me at evnewsphoto@yahoo.com

Goodluck on ebay, I had many lowball offers (200 range) and people questioning my price on a brand new plate. :confused: Luckily I was able to find a local buyer.

This is a 2005/06 Donek GS 168 with altered geometery sidecut (standard now on Kesslers and SGs) that really has the running lenght and feel of a longer board with the shorter nose and agility of a shorter board. It rides like it's a 175 but I can throw it around in a tight spot on a course to correct things, it has to be riden to be believed. Base is in great shape with only one small area of dings and one blemish in the p-tex near the tail. As can also be seen in the photos it has a lot of chamber left and is not broken down at all. I have had it since 2006 but took a few years off from racing so it only really has 3 seasons on it. I am not some burlley world cup racer who beat the hell out of it, I only race a few USASA events and freeride on it. It is a great board and I don't want to sell it but I don't think I'll be riding as much now that I have an SG, so instead of it sitting in my garage it could be under your feet! $250 or best offer

evnewsphoto@yahoo.com

post-9075-141842341186_thumb.jpg

post-9075-141842341188_thumb.jpg

post-9075-14184234119_thumb.jpg

What weight is it good for? Or what weight are you,, and how did the flex seem? I'm 190 lbs w/o gear and interested if this is in the ballpark. Also, it's hard for me to tell from the photos how much edge is left. ?? What base bevel do you have on it? Is the base flat? Thanks, looks nice. Thanks for the plate h/w also!

I am not sure if there is a weight intended for it, I weigh 175/180 and I flex it no problem, so pretty close to your 190. It is more stiff than soft, but not too stiff. It was made for my old coach and he was lighter than me, but he gave it to me and another member of the team got the other (he had 2 made up) and she is a little bit lighter than me I would guess around 150 or so and she flexes it well too. I would say it has a very even flex pattern from nose to tail and very solid edge hold for sure, also torsonally (did I spell that right?) very stiff. I am not an edge beveler, it's never helped me win a race, I just keep it at 90 degrees. The edges are in great shape, lot's left to them, I can post a photo if you wish. The base is very flat, I tried to show that in the one photo, it still has the orgional base grind so as you can see not a lot of miles on it.

Hope that helps, Everett

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I didn't say that's what i wanted to pay.. well it is but doesn't everybody? lol

I know it's low ball that's why I said I was going to use my money too.

Forgive me. I did not follow the dots and dashes very well I guess. So what you were saying is, You had 200$ and your father would add to that to make some higher sum total? My mistake for injecting my comment about the price. I will remove my original post to help purge this thread of extraneous verbage.