Note to New Members ×

Help me spend $$ on new boots

Kurt Swanson

One of my Burton Wind boots has developed a crack in the top of the shell above the ankle, so I'm thinking it is time to upgrade. I've been looking at Deeluxe Track 225's mostly because I have narrow feet. I'll be travelling to A-Basin around the end of April so I'd like to have the boot situation sorted out by then. My foot length is 28.1cm. My questions are as follows:

1. Are the Track 225's the best fitting boots for narrow feet?

2. Anyone else with narrow feet downsize a boot and then have the toes punched out?

3. Are there any shops anywhere near Dillon CO where I could try on some boots? (if I don't buy boots before my trip)

1. Are the Track 225's the best fitting boots for narrow feet?

2. Anyone else with narrow feet downsize a boot and then have the toes punched out?

My understanding is that Deeluxes are good for a narrow forefoot, not so much for a narrow heel. For a narrow Heel, go with UPZ. I have a wide forefoot and narrow heel so the UPZ works for me. I've never actually been in a pair of Deeluxes, so YMMV. Hopefully other people will chime in as far as that goes.

As far downsizing goes, I'm a fan. I have egyptian feet (big toe sticks out furthest) and I definitely downsize because otherwise, the rest of my toes would be too far away from the shell and my boots would essentially be too big. So I downsize and punch out/grind the area around the big toe a lot. Although having a downsized shell can be a pain in the ass to set up initially, I feel like they are ultimately more comfortable and offer better control. A pair of shells will last a long time so I always feel like it's worth the effort to get a good firm but comfortable fit and downsizing does it for me. Different people with different feet may have different experiences.

3. Are there any shops anywhere near Dillon CO where I could try on some boots? (if I don't buy boots before my trip)

there is one shop that's somewhat close. what's their name??

...oh yea, BOMBER! they are in Silverthorne, the town adjacent to Dillon :)

also, All Boards Sports is about an hour drive away

there is one shop that's somewhat close. what's their name??

...oh yea, BOMBER! they are in Silverthorne, the town adjacent to Dillon :)

also, All Boards Sports is about an hour drive away

Best bet is to hit All Boards Sports on the way up from DIA as they have a greater variety of boot brands. Even if you have boots before arriving, you will want to hit both ABS and Bomber for the eye candy and incredible amounts of carving gear these two shops have two offer. You also may want to spend a Sunday if you can with the LCI at Loveland. Just sayin'.

Ink