Note to New Members ×

Bindings can make a difference

jtslalom

I bought a pair of Ride Double Agent bindings for my carving board and rode in them today. I never thought that there was that much difference in soft bindings but man was I wrong. I felt like I was riding my hard boots. The reaction in the boot-binding-board interface was tremendous. These bindings are the stiffest that Ride makes having a 9 out of 10 stiffness rating. I can't believe the difference between these bindings and my old Ride LS bindings. It's like going from mid 90's Burton carrier plates to Bomber TD's. They definately make the transition quicker and smoother between toe and heelside carves.

I bought a pair of Ride Double Agent bindings for my carving board and rode in them today. I never thought that there was that much difference in soft bindings but man was I wrong. I felt like I was riding my hard boots. The reaction in the boot-binding-board interface was tremendous. These bindings are the stiffest that Ride makes having a 9 out of 10 stiffness rating. I can't believe the difference between these bindings and my old Ride LS bindings. It's like going from mid 90's Burton carrier plates to Bomber TD's. They definately make the transition quicker and smoother between toe and heelside carves.

nice straps on those too.

I'm not quite sure about the built in canting. It doesn't look like there are a ton of adjustments on the bindings themselves. They did come with 2 different cant plates that you must slip into the base of the bindings and screw into the binding. The screw is recessed so you don't feel it while riding. I have to say they are pretty cool. I am one of those riders that ride with my knees close together and those cant plates really do the trick. Soft but yet thick enough to cause a difference, they really drive my knees together on heel side but allow them to seperate on toe side. They are by far the most comfortable soft bindings I have ever ridden in. I like them alot

Well, i got 09-10 CAD, which is 10/10.

And it got canting systed. it seems to be some different from yours. You said you got 2 baseplates with defferent angels. I got 4 legs on a baseplate with screws inside. I can rotare the screw, and this make the canting.

I can not can't leg inside, but put the heel part or toe part up and down. (front - toe part up, end back foor down) this really make sense.

I cannot say, i carve alot, but i'm looking for a hardboot setup, i mostly ride in powder, but this definately gives stability even with 21/-6 on my bindings.

BTW, what board you use?