Note to New Members ×

USASA BX Results

Mxjas38

I just raced my first two USASA BX races of the season Sunday.(They ran two back to back on the same day.)

I took first in both in the Men's Open Snowboarder Class

My new Donek Saber worked great!!!

Thanks to Sean for building such a great board tailored just for me.:biggthump

169cm.

10m-13m VSR

20cm. Waist

The first pic is when my board got stuck under the cross bar of the gate. There was obviously a restart.

post-9863-141842333225_thumb.jpg

post-9863-141842333228_thumb.jpg

post-9863-141842333232_thumb.jpg

Scooby, Thanks,

Burton Race Plates

Front 60* and flat

Rear 60* with 6* cant

WOW, 60* on both on a 20 cm wide? Glad if u wud share: What made u decide set on high angle set up on a wider deck and same angles (obviously it works:rolleyes:)?

Thx

RT

Note: Burton Race Plate, lots of flex = Watch closely for older fatique parts...http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31521&page=4 (#101)

"What made u decide set on high angle set up on a wider deck and same angles (obviously it works:rolleyes:)? "

Big feet I guess, Mondo 29.

Plus I have ridden with those angles for many years, I guess I am just comfortable and when I went from an 18cm board to 20 I did not change them.

I used to ride at the reference points on my Burton which was 17.5" I think, but recently widened my stance to about 20" and I like it very much.

I seem to adjust to different stances and boards easily, so I never really change it up to much.

"Note: Burton Race Plate, lots of flex = Watch closely for older fatique parts...http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31521&page=4 (#101)"

This is definately a concern of mine. I think my next investment will be TD3 Sidewinders.

Will these be similar in flex to Burton Race Plates?

Jason

...This is definately a concern of mine. I think my next investment will be TD3 Sidewinders. Will these be similar in flex to Burton Race Plates?

Jason

TD3SW: I can't say for now, I haven't tried mine yet. But assuming yes u wud.

TD2: For POW or similar condition I loosen the The "Toe Bail" either by mikro adjustment (loosen the lugs) or move one notch the Toe Block for deep POW. This way my boot can wiggle inside the binding. But thn I also combining TD3 E-ring (Elastomer) thn + add the TD2 suspension kit. This set up work so great on my powder/freeride and also Race Deck that I'm considering to let it go my other brand bindings. http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30599&highlight=Suspension This set up give more variety to adjust the flex/softness and still has the "strong" respond of TD's binding when u need it.

I experiment also by changing the TD3 Elastomer with Red & Blue and I can get more respond on hard pack/icy condition on my Race/Alpine decks while its still do its job giving the "cushioning/fllex" effect under your boot. Same smooth ride feeling I had on the Hangl Plate on KST. On Race decks I tighten the bindings so tight that boot have no room to wiggle.

I'm corious how this set up combine with TD3SW.

As my level step up & the newer decks I played - I start widening my stance

So far my set up:

Race; F-3*Lift R-3*Cant. Stance 19" - 19.5"

POW & Freeride; F-3*Cant R-6*Cant. Stance 20.5'-21"

BX; on progress.

Hope I can help,

RT

good luck you are lucky to have restart...did the opponents give tears for the restart after you win?

I see this so many times before with this organisation, but it is all for children and raffleprizes yea?

Thanks for the good luck, nobody really had a problem with the restart.

Yes to this at the regional level but 1st place in open class at nationals pays $3,000 this year.

I think the bigger races have dropdown gates so that does not happen.

USASA Wintergreen results:

I placed first in both events Sunday and am now qualified for Nationals

in April!

I can't wait to get out there.

I will most likely have a few free days the week of nationals because practice is Saturday and I won't race till Thursday.

If some of you are close to Copper we will have to try to hook up and do some riding.

post-9863-141842333996_thumb.jpg

post-9863-141842333997_thumb.jpg

post-9863-141842333998_thumb.jpg

USASA Wintergreen results:

I placed first in both events Sunday and am now qualified for Nationals

in April!

Congrat - thats awesome. (1st pix) Some were same guys u beat last week :eek::biggthump They must b :freak3:...;)

Thx for sharing the good news...all the way to National and two :biggthump :biggthump for DONEK & HB :D

(2nd pix) Whos says HB can't jump...:rolleyes: - Share detail pix please...

Cheers

RT