Note to New Members ×

MADD inserts and bolts

bschurman

So I measured the binding bolts for the inserts on the MADD for both the TD2 and Cateks and below are my findings.

TD2

----

The default bolt length is M6 x 16mm and you can get 5 full turns with this bolt size. However, I tried an M6 x 18mm bolt and that will fit also. But if you did use the larger size you would change to the 4mm head which is more likely to strip under high torque. If I use the TD2s on the MADD I will be using the default bolt size.

Catek

------

The default bolt size for the Catek is M6 x 12mm and I got 4.5 turns with these. But I was also able to use the M6 x 14mm and I was able to get 7 full turns with this bolt size. The longer bolts are exactly the same as the standard bolts so I think I will be using the 14mm with my Cateks on the MADD.

As for the inserts please, please, please clean them out when you get the board. If you look in the bottom of the insert and it's black you need to remove that stuff. I think it's from the carbon fiber butterfly. I was able to remove about 2mm of "stuff" from the bottom of some of the inserts. The only other thing that I suggest is running an M6 bottoming tap down the insert to chase the threads out. There were several on my board that needed this "cleaning up".

->Ben

• 1 month later...

Sure can.

You will need two parts. The first is the actual tap and its part number is: 8305A57

and you will need the tap handle. Its part number is: 25605A63

Both parts can be had for under $10 and it's a great addition to any toolbox. I can't tell you the number of times that I have used it.

->Ben