Note to New Members ×

Anyone have experience with inflatable SUPs?

Helvetico

Will be in Florida this summer and am looking for a fun, physically challenging water sport, but don't want to purchase a massive longboard. There are no waves to speak of, anyway, so I need something I can paddle around on and the kids can play with. Need something portable.

Uli looks like the best, but it's pricey. Any other brands worth considering?

The Kona is very stable and pretty inexpensive. Not good for surfing unless you're really good, at least I can't surf them. But for exercise and fun with kids it is very good. I paddle mine is whitewater too, so its not a bad SUP, just not surfy... Hope this helps,

Tom.

It sounds like you are all set, but something else to consider would be a Mistral Windglider now sold as the Aquaglide Multisport.

http://www.aquaglide.net/categories/multisport.cfm

I bought an NOS Windglider on CL for $100 to use as a training windsurfer for my kids and relatives, but we use it as a kayak ( holds me and 2 kids ), we anchor it and snorkel/jump/fish off it. and of course use it as a small sailboat and windsurfer AND tow it behind the boat....

I haven't tried SUPing with it as I don't have a paddle, and it would be useless in the waves but it worked out much better than I imagined.