Note to New Members ×

Hell Yeah! Lib Tech NAS!

LeeW

I picked up Summit Custom 110 longest I could get with a 4 x 4 inserts and plate bindings..and UPZ RC10 boots

Rode em first time Sunday..........................:eek:

At the end it was a failed experiment that went terribly wrong!!!:barf:

I could not wait till I got back to the truck and get on a carving board... Alpine is sooooo much easier...:1luvu:

Look for em on ebay... will let go low... $175 plus shipping:biggthump

I ski. A lot. Currently on Dynafit ZZeus boots and a few pair of skis. 177 G3 Barons for on-piste and teaching. 191 PM Gear Lhasas for off-piste, powder, crud and backcountry. 188 PM Gear Bro Models that I need to put some bindings on so I can ski them. www.fkna.com for pmgear.

I like skiing in AT boots since the Vibram sole gives me grip on rocks when hiking in the backcountry with my skis, plus helps a lot in the parking lot to keep me upright - and the walk mode makes things easier walking anywhere. The down side to AT boots is that you need to use them with AT bindings, which are more expensive and mostly lower performing than alpine bindings. Dynafit bindings are super light and lots of people like them, but they're around $500. Marker Dukes/Barons are rock solid but heavy. Fritschi and Naxo are way to flexi for me. I settled this year on the new Marker Tour12 - similar to Duke but fewer metal parts and less burly spring so its a couple pounds lighter. For my G3's I used the new Marker Squire because it is the one alpine binding with an adjustable-height AFD. The AFD doesn't have the range that the Duke/Baron does, but its good enough for my boots. Very rocker-soled AT boots probably would have problems with the Squires.

I think of PM Gear as the Donek of the ski world. Although the guy who runs it is a lot more coarse than Sean, and his shop isn't nearly as clean, organized and high-tech. But his skis rock. I love supporting a local guy who makes a great product. Same goes for Praxis. Actually he's more like Sean. Very nice shop, high-end equipment and always experimenting with new designs. I just bought my son a pair of Praxis BCs. www.praxisskis.com

Lib Tech NAS are way too soft and sloppy for me. Plus I don't ski backwards so why rock a twin tip?

G3 Baron: 81 under foot, traditional camber, flat tail

PM Gear Lhasa: 112 underfoot (140/112/120), early rise nose with low traditional camber starting ~30cm back from tip, kick tail; Carbon & Fiberglass over sweet, light core.

Skiing since I could walk- my mother was 8.5 months pregnant with me when she was skiing the Hahnenkamm...I have been in Lange plug race boots for years-even rode alpine on them but it was stiff.

Ski quiver this season is 189 Seth Pistols for all around, 189 Made N' Ak The PBR edition, for the deeper days, truly old school Fisher RS Super G 215's for nose bleeds and Rossi 9x SL sticks for thigh and quad burns. Haven't even been on my sticks this season yet.