Note to New Members ×

Some help with binding/stance needed

diveburt

I am breaking thru to much better carves but need some input as to the strap up. I ride a Donek Freecarve11 175. I have a 6 degree cant on the back foot and a 3degree on the front. Angles are 6o front and 55 on rear but I find my rear foot trying to turn in the boot(outward). Should I go to 50 rear or less to allow my foot to stay the hell down?? Is the front cant good or am i freakin' nuts. Somebody needs to run a clinic at Blue to work on this stuff!!:biggthump

If you are regular footed it sounds like your back foot wants to turn out towards the edge of your board, or to your right. This might be because you are also turning your hips the same way. If you find it happening on both heel and toe side turns, you need to square your hips more in line to the travel of your snow board. If on heelside your butt is sticking out over your inside edge, your back foot would want to turn so that it is perpendicular to your board rather than the 60 degree turn of your binding. Think about it on carpet flooring. On a carpetted floor, get in what you would think is your normal stance on your snowboard. Now bend at your knees and turn your back foot more perpendicular to your board. Where is your butt and hips? I bet its sticking out over your inside edge. You have to bring them back inside over your board a little more and drive your turns more with your kness. You may be trying solely to turn using ankle flexion. Good luck but if I were you I would try to hook up with Neil Sunday and his snowboard team. I don't personally know him but I have seen one of his riders and the kid rips.

Thanks for the input everyone. My thought is that ur right in that I rotate my hips but it is what I have been taught that works when one angulates during the turns. In free ride , the angulating of the hips to the inside of the turn keeps the body balanced over the inside edge, and hence pressuring evenly over the edge length. Guess i have to re-think how it works as I am now thoroughly confused and need some professional help. I took a lesson at Brighton but the guy was'nt much better than me and it was a waste looking back. Whats with the Bear Creek gig? Didn't know anything about it

Yes it is only Fri the 21st... but I work in the Bear Creek rental shop and am here alot. I usually ride 10-2ish or come on in the rental shop ask for Bryan. I'd be more than happy to give any help I can. Your best bet as mentioned would be a lesson from Phil Bowman(Bear Creek) or Neil Sunday(Roundtop). Either of those guys will have a better eye for details than me.

bw-I met Chip at Sugarloaf several years ago -I think last year he told me his son was a hardbooter-tell him Joe and Denise said hi-I guess I will meet you at MAC tracs if I can make it?

Chubz-snow has my schedule all messed up this week-Just got done plowing all night and I am going to bed now-I will try to give you a call tomorrow

I will try to make it next week! I should be able to...

Never been to bear, though, what trails are worth it? I might try to head out this week and check it out rather than going to blue.