Note to New Members ×

Need A little Advice

treksunvalley

Tried a different board today, a 169 Factory Prime, in very good shape considering how old it is. On my heel turns the board would start bouncing out of control. Never had that problem before with other boards. An instructor was watching me and said that I obviously know what I'm doing so the board is probably out of tune. Would that be the cause of this bouncing?

Tried a different board today, a 169 Factory Prime, in very good shape considering how old it is. On my heel turns the board would start bouncing out of control. Never had that problem before with other boards. An instructor was watching me and said that I obviously know what I'm doing so the board is probably out of tune. Would that be the cause of this bouncing?

It is most likely an issue of where and how you are pressuring the board.

carvedog - that makes a lot of sense now that I think of how I was quickly making the heel turn. My other boards are softer compared to this one - thanks!!

hope it helps. kind of hard to ID what's going on from just a description.

If that might be it. Think of keeping your front shoulder over your front foot (so you don't twist from the top down and overturn) and work towards slowing rolling your ankles up to get the board on edge. Drop your butt towards the board to moderate edge pressure.

My two cents. You are here in Glitter Gulch yes?