Note to New Members ×

Cortina d'Ampezzo

nekdut

I spent two weeks there 2008. There is a small and very friendly carving scene there! Alberto Fornazier, Piero and co are carving it up on weekends. Carving is SUPER! Just take the first cablecar in the morning up to Faloria 2100 m/above sea. And continue up to the top and your in for a couple of really fun black runs that will soke your legs. You have 1-2 hours before people start riding. Then you have to really look out cause it´s fast runs. If you want something more mellow take the bus up to Cinque Torre. High elevation and not so much traffic. It´s just two runs but they are good. Sun will ruin the runs on other side og valley from Faloria that late in season.

To sum it up: Great slopes + good food.

Carve it up.

We went there on a guided week over NYE 08-09. Was an amazing week in an incredible place. Probably the best holiday I've ever had.

I found that many of the runs were a bit narrow for most of the snowboarders we were with (softies), but then I was on my Prior 4WD and didn't have too much trouble with the traversing. Basically it's set up for skiiers, but then so is Aspen Ajax and that has one of the best carving runs of all time (Copper Bowl).

As I mentioned, we were guided, so I'm really not sure where we went or what the names of the best runs were. It was very cold, so be prepared for that.

And the food was unbelievable, so be prepared for that too! If you go to Campitello, there is a little restaurant called 'Mini Restaurant' (no joke) which serves fantastic local cuisine.

Anyway, in short, what I can guarantee is that you will LOVE it.

• 3 weeks later...