Note to New Members ×

Kelly Canyon Carving

dredman

BigDogDave and I will be rocking the Canyon tomorrow afternoon and evening. Come one and all if you want to join!! We will be there Saturday also...not sure on Sunday yet...Ghee???Snowking???

BlackChickenofDeath are you interested? Crack Addict how about you?

Well BDD and I rode from 1 to 7...Excellent carving!! Had about 3 inches of fluff on really nice groomers, little to no traffic on the hill and huge smiles on our faces!!

Saturday is the next session.

2 Ravens want to join us at sweet little Kelly's on Sunday?

Cheers, dredman

Well Saturday was a carvers dream! Super nice groomers, not much traffic till late in the afternoon. BDD was looking excellent on his new Donek. Sunday gave us nearly a foot of delicious fluffy pow! The Black Chicken of Death even made a glorious appearance! We finished out the day soaking in Heise Hot Springs!!

So BDD and I will be up on Wednesday! The hill opens at 12:30 so we will see you there!!

BCOD (2 Ravens) get healthy and see you on Wednesday!

James, come on over and see how we do it at the Canyon!!

Kelly Canyon Style

Was my first time to the hot springs! :1luvu::1luvu::1luvu: Must return soon!

Dredman & BDD, you guys were way too sweet to me - thanks to the good doctor's work and the amazing boot & binding service I was able to slide around for a few runs. Sweet powder day! Could NOT have done it without you - you guys are angels! :ices_ange

Trying to take everyone's advice (yes, me - taking advice!:)) and working on kicking into turbo healing mode. Feeling much better tonight than yesterday....

p.s. BDD just looks excellent - no matter what board! Love, love, love the snaggle tooth jacket! :biggthump:1luvu:

Ahh Yes,,The persisting memories of the Hot Springs, but what an end to a great day of riding. So,,hopefully they have been getting good use out of the new (used) groomer and all that new stuff/fluff will be firm and smooth for tomorrow---and another geat day of riding/carving....till tomorrow at Kelly Canyon.

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen (and Lady),

Looks like we're not gonna make the SES this year. The van's not quite ready and we have other excuses too...

Stop by the 'Ghee if you like. We've got two extra beds and spare buddy passes open for you hardbooters anytime. Be warned though, there's no cordoroy this year - only deep, clean fresh powder... Daily. Seriously, we've only had two short half days on the new mega-classic and schtubette all season. While I'm missing the carving, it seems that the more powder I ride, the more I want to ride powder. (Can I say that on Bomber?)

We're missing the old crew. Hope you all can make it out here for some turns before it all melts.

James and Colleen

Even after several showers....I still smell of the hot springs.:1luvu::1luvu::1luvu:

There - fixed it for ya! Love the smell of Sulphur! :p

So we had another great day at Kelly Canyon yesterday - freezing fog and skinny groomers. BigDogDave was laying down some mighty impressive trenches with the hotrod VSR - sweet riding! Awesome carving in challenging conditions! :biggthump I finished out with another trip to the hotsprings. I do love sulphur, though it's a lot more fun when I'm there with friends.... :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

High quality, hard and smooth corduroy today at the 'Ghee. Don't worry though, Colleen and I wrecked it good.

Last Monday was epic. Hands down the best powder day we've experienced in four seasons here. 32" of Targhee lightness in 24 hours on a deep, soft base. Chest deep windrifts, thigh high everywhere else. We were tunneling through the ditches at high speed. (Choking on snowballs!)

You all need to come up here for the Targhee experience.

Last night's sunset from Stateline Rd. (Photo by Colleen)

post-3912-141842338832_thumb.gif

Glad You and Colleen are leaving your mark over there. Still hearing stories about the epic pow day last Monday...That's alot of fluff!!. Kellycanyon has been getting fairly consistent new snow and doing an exceptional job of grooming this year. Have had only a couple days when it was too soft to carve...Roy has been a very good friend!!.I will be doing my normal 12-10 pm patrol shift on Wed. will see what snow and conditions have to bring by weekend....still going for the roy...not the fluff. Hill manegment has been giving me alot of crap about too many trenches...makes me wonder what they would say if I were a seasons pass holder. May have to give them a small break...just give me groomers at the Ghee...Hope to be there soon...be well :biggthump

Kelly Canyon has been awesome, and the King finally had good groom yesterday - best snow yet this year! :1luvu: For the Ghee, I'm thinking Daylight Savings Pass, starts March 13. Just got off the phone with the activities desk - they are saying closing day is now planned for April 17, and possibly even extended to the 24th. :biggthump So look for my tracks at Targhee in a couple of weeks. :D

Still great snow at kelly canyon. 6-8 ins. new Mon/Tue but it is warming in the valley, die hards go to Targhee, #'s dwindle at kellys. Closing will be this Sunday. Not from lack of snow or bad conditions but a lack of patrons. I will be patrolling Sat 9-7:30 Saturday...Carving company more than welcome. Am planning on the Ghee on Sunday....Hope to see you all there!!!