Note to New Members ×

What do you know about Blax boots?

DiveBomber

I had a pair of Blax Stratos, which are a softer flexier version of the Stratos Pro. They were well-made, very comfortable out of the box, had a constant stiffness in all temperatures, and I liked them a lot. They also had a good forward-lean/forward flex adjustment, similar to the RAB, but better.

But when I switched to Raichle 423s I realised how flexy the Blax Stratos were, particularly laterally. This is exacerbated by the low-cuff height of the Blax's.

Other Blax models may be different - I don't know.

Guest boogieman

i had a pair for years and i loved them, great boots, i got me a pair of upz boots becouse of the 5 buckels otherwise i would have bought head again now im not so sure if that was the right desission

I'm a little confused with Head boots models. I always see the Stratos Pro (on Bomber and in my local store), but I saw on the Startingate website the regular Stratos and the LTD. Is the LTD and Stratos LTD the same. And what are the differences between these 3-4 models (Stratos, LTD, Stratos LTD, Stratos Pro)? I know the Stratos Pro has 2 tongues (soft and hard) and 2 heel pads (soft and hard also), but other than that?

Thanks.

The LTD and Stratos-LTD are the same thing. They also come with 2 sets of tongues and extra toe/heel pads. Apparenetly the difference betwwen these and the Stratos Pros is that the Pros are a tad bit stiffer?

They are well put together, I only wish I had enjoyed riding in them more. I am just used to the SB series boots (225/325 is my favorite) and these felt totally foreign to me.

Thanks for the info. I am considering them as my Burton Furnace are a little narrow for my liking. I like my boots, but like I said, too narrow. I tried the Stratos Pro in store and they flet very comfortable, and I had my other pair with me to compare. Unfortunately, 500$CDN is over my budget and the LTD could be an interesting option.

Thanks again.