Note to New Members ×

FS-Rossi World Cup 184 and Rae 166

Mr.E

Two Rossi boards for sale, both in excellent condition. Good GS/SL set up or quiver starter!

1. Rossi World Cup 184 (the yellow one). Has a "custom" auto decal coveing the top sheet (carbon look) to protect the top. Board has about 4 runs on snow. $250

2.Rossi Race 166, White w/ silver. Board was purchased to use as a loaner, but none of my friends were interested, so its seen almost zero snow time. $150

Both boards are in near new condition with excellent bases, full camber and great top sheets. Clearing em out for the holiday crunch. Will try to post pics if I can get them.

Buyer to pay shipping. Available for local pick up in the Seattle WA area.

Mr. E, I've got the Rossi's little brother, the X VAS race board in Red White and Blue 168CM, a slalom board. How would you describe the handling characteristics (or lack thereof) & ride characteristics of the big Rossi? Does it handle like a truck, or is it fairly easy to control, or do you need to be going "Ludicrous Speed" to make it handle? More like a Supe G than a GS board? For wide open spaces only? How tall and heavy are you? I'm 245 6'3".

Thank you!

I'd say that its fairly easy to ride. Very smoooothhhh. I'm used to riding boards in the 180-190 range, and this handles like a shorter board. Very predictable flex. I would say it handles and turns like a GS board with the stability or a super g board. I was fine on trails of modest width and didn't feel like I was geting kicked around at all. I was about 185- 190 last time I rode this board.

E- Thanks for the update. Sounds like a nice deck, like it rides alot like what I have but mine of course being a SL radius. I didn't know Rossi made one that long. Speaking of long, I overlooked one thing... because of its extreme length the shipping $$ may be cost prohibitive. I just ran it by the GF. *sigh* I need to unload some other gear 1st or I'm dead. If I can do that, and its still around, I'll get back to you.

Hi Mr E.

I would be happy to show you how to ship the boards most anywhere for under 25$. Safely and fast. Tips here-

http://www.oldsnowboards.com/shipping.htm

If you are just shipping the board. You might be surprised to find USPS Priority is a good value and your buyer will appreciate that it could be there within 3 days. (less handling too).

Thought it might help sell them. (keeping the cost down and the jazz up)

If it is the Rossi 190 World Cup with a yellow top sheet? That is a fun board. Kinda low nose for general free riding, but it is pretty stiff and holds a very good edge.

Let me know if you get to the point you would like to unload it.

I visit Seattle from time to time. Thanks, Bryan

Originally posted by www.oldsnowboards.com

Hey Dan, are you ready to RIP!!!

MHM opens Saturday!

Ain't going to be pretty, but it WILL be open.

What are you looking for? A skwal ? Dude?

We gotta talk.

Bryan

PS. Still got all your skin on your knees and elbows from your summer carving sessions? :):confused:

Hey Bryan,

Yeah, I thought a skwal might be kind of cool, but I can't line up bindings. Summer carving treated me pretty well - it's the cycling that turned on me...I added another set of scars to my elbow on my way to work a few months ago.

Hi Dan, cool, you are young. You will heal quickly.

You are just the guy I wanted to talk to.

I picked up a Japanese Carving board recently.

I will go get the spelling of the name.

Looks like a really nice quality board. Did you follow the

Japanese boards while you were there?

Thanks, Bryan

Rossi Race sold pending payment (thanks Paul!)

Over 600 views but little action on the WC 190. Here are a few more specs:

174cm running length, 19m sideceut, 19cm waist, 23mm tip and a bit (2, maybe 4mm) of taper.

I have no desire to sell it, but I need the cash.

Hey Mr E. is this Eric of ORCarve? Merry Christmas. Wondered what happened to you. You moved to Seattle?

The Rossi is a great ride. I have one and it was my fav for 1/2 the season. Still enjoy it allot. Paul will enjoy it.

Couple of tips and tricks on shipping it cheap?

Ask if he can have it delivered to a business/ Saves a couple bucks. (If going ground)

Package it like a "Burrito" / check my website for details on this/ this makes sure it stays under "Oversized #2. Pretty hard to avoid OS#1 with a snowboard. www.oldsnowboards.com

You might be surprised that shipping a board such as the 190cm without bindings via USPS Priority mail might be less than you think. I have shipped Burners / using my safe and proven methods for under 20$ / the buyers are very pleased when they get it in 2 days too!!

Hope to see you on the HOOD. Bryan

Thats me!

Yeah, moved up noth and promptly went flat broke. Well worth it though as my wife is getting a wonderful grad school education. Though I'm not seeing nearly as much snow as I would like......

I've had sucess packaging via the "burrito" method. Shipping is a soft until I have an accureate weight/measurement and a ip, but I want to keep it as low as possible.

Hi Eric, wow, 19m scr? Seems like it turns tighter than that.

Glad to hear all is well. I had two of them. Ed has the one I rode last year. I like everything about it except the low nose height.

I stuffed the nose hard off the summit last year, got slammed big time. However it was the day after the storm and the groomed had not set up well. Can you still peel off the top cover if someone wanted too? It looks cool. Just thought I would ask.

Thanks Bryan

oh wow-- i was wondering about you the other day, mr.e! by the way, what part of seattle are you residing in ? I highly recommend an arabic food establishment in down town seattle -- i'll wait til we get to talk :) and by the way, i happen to bump into glen plake (2nd time and gladly he recognized me :) ).

Originally posted by Mr.E

Thats me!

Yeah, moved up noth and promptly went flat broke. Well worth it though as my wife is getting a wonderful grad school education. Though I'm not seeing nearly as much snow as I would like......

I've had sucess packaging via the "burrito" method. Shipping is a soft until I have an accureate weight/measurement and a ip, but I want to keep it as low as possible.

First off, E, I wish I had the cash for the WC. Second, Are you going to be able to ride aroud here this year? I might head to CM next week if the weather holds. Third , you are in the heart of good food for seattle. Head to the latona tav (65th and Latona) Kabul Afghan on 45th just west of Dicks, Bizzaro Italian on 45th and Stone Way, Right around the corner from Bizarro is a great place on the corner (the name escapes me but it is on the NE corner), head over to 65th and Roosevelt and walk into just about any establishment for good eats. Salvatore at about 50 and Ravenna is incredible. lets try to get together for some turns and Ill fill you in on all the great places to eat veggie or otherwise;)