Note to New Members ×

Dilemma in selling a snowboard – would appreciate your input

C5 Golfer

who should get the snowboard?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. who should get the snowboard?

• Sell to a Bomber rider
    • Let Ebay Auction run full term

Here is the problem.. Several days ago I listed my 173 Volkl for sale in the Bomber classified for $220 No takers or emails.. so yesterday I listed it on Ebay and now have 7 bids. I come back from snowboarding today and now have 4 emails from Bomberites wanting to buy it at my listed price and one even offered higher $$ so I would end the Ebay Auction and sell to him. I prefer to help out my fellow Bomber riders and making more than $220 is not part of the issue.. I am happy with $220.

So since Ebay bidders were first timewise -- should I continue the Ebay Auction and let the high bidder take it - possibly for less than $220 -- or support my fellow Bomber guys and sell the the first person to contact me and end the auction early? What would you do ?

On your eBay a, did you put something along the lines of "For sale locally, reserve the right to delete/ end any bids if sold"? I always make sure to put that incase something like that happens.

Technically you aren't held to the bidders on eBay, so there is nothing wrong with removing the item.

More money is good, too.

The fellow BOL's did not respond in time. And now, its been offered to the big wide world of ebayers. I think that you should put it to the late coming BOL-ers that they should bid high on the auction.

Perhaps, if you don't have a reserve on it, add a comment to the auction, that the auction will be pulled, and it will be sold privately it it fails to reach some value at some time period before the end of the auction. Of course, you'll be out considerable sellers fees also, so you may like to add that your calculation also.

That's a decent ethical stance. Legally, as others have put, you aren't obligated to do anything more than pull the auction and sell it privately.