Note to New Members ×

Head Tongues

scrapster

Just a quick question for all those with Heads on their feet. I just picked up a snazzy pair of SPs, which came with 3 pairs of tongues!? Black tongues are in the boots. Red tongues have flexy ridges--so I'm guessing they're the soft ones. And then there are some silver tongues. Can someone decipher them for me? Thanks!

Just a quick question for all those with Heads on their feet. I just picked up a snazzy pair of SPs, which came with 3 pairs of tongues!? Black tongues are in the boots. Red tongues have flexy ridges--so I'm guessing they're the soft ones. And then there are some silver tongues. Can someone decipher them for me? Thanks!

I only got two, with mine the orange were softer the black were stiffer. to me that boot is exceptionally soft so I run black

scrapster, I've done the modifications & BTS on several pair of HS & HSP boots so got to handle pretty much all of the tongues.

Although I never had them all 'in hand' at the same time or used a durometer on them from what I remember :

Orange was the softest (most flexible)

Black was in the middle, and

Silver was the firmest.

Nice way to be able to 'tune' for what you want, personally I like the bedroom slippers (orange) to each their own :biggthump

Hey Mark,

Thanks. I'm all set for heels now, sorry to make you dig them out!

I just found out that the old manual that came with the boots mentions the red tongues--"softer flexing for slalom and freecarving." Doesn't say a thing about the other tongues though. Go figure.

See you at the Beast sometime soon. I want a purple tattoo just like Bobby! :eplus2: