Note to New Members ×

Cascade Carvers?

Senior_Technical_Writer

Hi,

Just wondering how many other carvers/racers/alpine riders brave the high elevation and constant avalanche danger at Cascade Mountain near Portage, Wisconsin.

My family and I have season passes there and I plan on going out quite a bit this winter. Perhaps we can meet up sometime and dig trenches?

Let me know.

- Chad

Hi Chad,

I brave the steeps at Cascade periodically, as does Alex from Chitown, and a hand full of others. Tom (Arc2Arc) is an instructor there and Mary a patroller, both rock hardboots. Come on over to Cindi Pop and join the carnage, it usually holds up for at least an hour or two :eplus2:

I'm a season pass holder at Indianhead, so that's my regular haunt once they are 100%. Tom and I are heading to SES 2011 ...hint, hint!

Snow on!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Andrew-

Was fun riding with you up at cascade mtn. I live in iowa city, but plan to make an annual family trip to the Dells/Cascade mtn. I liked cascade...not a bad place my midwest standards.

C u around. -adam

Ps. The kids (4 and 7) had their first snowboard lesson. Was cold that day but they still liked it.

I was there on Sunday - great conditions. Saw someone from the ski patrol on an alpine board -- she seemed to be carving very well.

@Strider - I think I may be on a Tyrol Racing email list with you (deadsexy, or something like that). Not sure how I ended up on the list, but it sounds like there is a good crew of Carvers @ Tyrol. Perhaps I should join you some Monday night.

I'll be riding at Spirit Mountain in Duluth, otherwise I'd be at Cascade this weekend. It will be really nice to meet up with some other alpine riders this season... a lot of winter left.