Note to New Members ×

Wild Mountain 2010/2011

Futahaguro

I'm not as official as some of the other posters with temp, humidity, angle of the sun :), but it was certainly a fun time on Saturday, November 27th. I went from 4 PM to 9:30 PM with my Ice Rocket and the conditions were actually quite nice. Almost all of the runs were open, not saying much, and all of the boarders were at the park :biggthump. The ice started rearing its head after 8 PM but it was still a lot of fun. I tried putting my bindings at 35/30 for the first time ever and it felt WEIRD. I certainly feel more comfortable doing toe side carves but I need to get used to it before I try any races. It felt great to be out there and I even hit a few boxes and launched some jumps :D.

BTW, was there anyone from this forum at Wild that evening? I saw someone in a red jacket wit a helmet on.

HA! I love it! I don't know what kind of angles you would have on that baby!

An Ice Rocket is an Avalanche Ice Rocket designed by Damian Sanders for his boardercross racing. It is a 159 that can really rail. I measured it the other day but forgot the exact specs but I think it was a 129 effective edge, 30 nose, 28.5 tail, 25 waist, 8.2 scr, and pretty stiff. I have had it for years and with my old Clickers I can fly pretty good on it. I need to put a pic on my website so that I can link to it because you can't find a pic anywhere.

I do remember to be pressuring the tail alot when I was really going fast and wondering if maybe my stance was a bit back also. That was with my 15/5 angles, my size 9.5 boots do hang but I can dig it in some. At the increased angles my boot tongue started digging into my rear foot so I put them back. Now I think I understand why some people suggest a front toe lift and a rear heel lift for hardbooting.

I think I will pull out the new (to me) Alp 69 I got from Joe up in Duluth with some TD-2 step-ins and Stratos Pro this weekend and see how it goes:)