Note to New Members ×

COP Wed or Thurs Night (1st/2nd)

ti_knee

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Just took my first ride on my Alpine set up at Nakiska on Saturday.

Would have felt better had I done up the high back setting on the boots. Not sure if I am set up ok or simply in fear of putting the board onto its edge but the toe side turns are real sketchy - in fact its all sketchy.

Is anyone going to COP this Thursday evening who could give me a pointer or two.

I can make this Thursday. What time? I teach, so I can be there around 4:30. Send me an email.

This will be my second time on an alpine setup :) First time went OK, but bindings weren't set up correctly and my boots don't really fit well. (Anybody with some decent 27's they want to sell!?)

I can make this Thursday. What time? I teach, so I can be there around 4:30. Send me an email.

This will be my second time on an alpine setup :) First time went OK, but bindings weren't set up correctly and my boots don't really fit well. (Anybody with some decent 27's they want to sell!?)

Would some 26.5 boots fit?

Would some 26.5 boots fit?

Possibly. My ski boots are 26.5. I found a really old and rickety pair of Burton Reactors that are 26.5 and the shells are the right size, but liners are way too short. My ski boot liners do work but my heel slops around like crazy.

What do you have?

If you guys want some help with setups, etc, I can drop out there after work (5.30-ish) on Thursday. I won't ride, but I'll happily come and field questions, if you want someone to point you in the right direction.

Steve, I could pick those boots up during the week, and run them out there for Ti to try. I'd offer to let him try mine, but they're a struggle for me to get into with my skinny feet, much less anyone else ...

Thanks for the response - I am going to COP straight from work. So should be there for 6pm.

I did a bit more reading on the set up section and I have pushed the bindings forward so my stance should be over centre more and I raised my toe on the front binding.

Looking forward even for some one to take a visual once over, have a quick chat and a coffee...

Re the extra padding - I bought a set of Cooper soccer shinpads from Cambodian Tire last week for just that purpose. They're a soft foam, and they have the full pull on sock so they stay in place. They were $9. I wore them on the weekend, and they were great. Might be worth a try ...

Thanks to you all for meeting up and sparing the time to check over the board - I didn't even know there was a line under the boot to check to ensure it was centred on the binding.

I really regret I wasn't able to join you on the slope but if there is another opportunity before Christmas Eve then I would like to meet up again.