Note to New Members ×

Aggression 163 stainless freeride board

Dan

This is a very nice-looking directional freeride board with a stainless topsheet, manufactured in Colorado by Aggression. I have too many toys and not enough days on the hill, so I've never even ridden this deck -- time to get it to someone who will ride it rather than let it collect dust.

Condition: The prior owner told me he had ridden it, but the topsheet is so clean that I'm not sure I believe him. Base has storage wax, but is also very clean. No signs of delamination (known to be a problem with these stainless topsheets).

This board has a surprisingly stiff flex (almost like an alpine board), and I hand-measured the dimensions as 28.3 cm at tip/tail, and a 23.5 cm waist. I believe Aggression was eventually purchased by Volant, and produced their stainless SL and GS boards.

Looking for $250+shipping OBO. Would also be interested in a newish beacon and/or probe+cash.

Pictures are below, let me know if you have any questions.

post-30-141842326669_thumb.jpg

post-30-14184232667_thumb.jpg

post-30-141842326671_thumb.jpg

Bump. Seriously, I'd like to get this out of the basement -- make me an offer. If there's no takers, I'll have to send it to BlueB and ask him to turn it into a plate :)

:lol: :lol:

Send it to BlueB anyways, I'm sure he'll find some better use to it ;) Too beautiful to become a plate.

I'm interested in it but I'm a newbie to the sport and want to know if it is the right board for me.

I'm 5'9" 155 lbs and looking for something to cruise around on, nothing too stiff or fast to start out on. I know you haven't ridden it yet, but was wondering if you would recommend this as a good board to start out on...

I'm interested in it but I'm a newbie to the sport and want to know if it is the right board for me.

I'm 5'9" 155 lbs and looking for something to cruise around on, nothing too stiff or fast to start out on. I know you haven't ridden it yet, but was wondering if you would recommend this as a good board to start out on...

Hi Breaker73, thanks but I have a couple of other folks that have already expressed interest. I don't think this would be a great starter board for you anyway - the flex is stiff enough that I would expect it to be a handful.

If you already have a softboot board (ideally a freeride board in the 160 cm+ range), mounting that up with plates can be a pretty good way to ease in to hardbooting. Good luck!

do you know if they made a 67-68 by any chance?

I'm sorry to say I don't know. I originally lucked into this board from a private seller, but he didn't seem to know much about snowboarding in general, and didn't know anything about Aggression.

• 2 weeks later...

Board made it here in unbelievable 3 days!

It's an absolute beauty, as mint as it gets, I can't even believe it have ever touched the snow!

It has over 4" of nose decamber - these guys were way ahead of their times, not only with use of the metal (ok, steel), but also with the camber shape! Can't wait to put it on test.

Board made it here in unbelievable 3 days!

It's an absolute beauty, as mint as it gets, I can't even believe it have ever touched the snow!

It has over 4" of nose decamber - these guys were way ahead of their times, not only with use of the metal (ok, steel), but also with the camber shape! Can't wait to put it on test.

Really?? YOU bought it??? hands off the speedcross!!! I know youre looking!!:boxing_sm

HOARDER!!

Really?? YOU bought it??? hands off the speedcross!!! I know youre looking!!:boxing_sm

Couldn't help myself - so pretty.

No worries about SpeedX, I saw it about 1hr after Andrea posted, but I left it for you ;) I've got ElDiablo already - pretty much the same thing. The only temptation was the "woody" look.

Couldn't help myself - so pretty.

No worries about SpeedX, I saw it about 1hr after Andrea posted, but I left it for you ;) I've got ElDiablo already - pretty much the same thing. The only temptation was the "woody" look.

thanks unfortunaley i had to pass, max stance width of 21.25 and i need 23.5

and it actually a 228 waist not a 235, so taht and the fact that id have to add 4 inserts made me have let it go.

I still want that kessler you got.... how about just loaning it out??:1luvu:

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, Aggressions/Volants are notorious, I know. However, the board lasted whole 2 hrs. Very sweet 2 hours, I have to say - one of the best rides of this type, I've ever tried. I bought it in pretty much as a wall piece. However, I had to try it out in todays pow. I'm not pissed off it broke, I'm pissed I couldn't get few more days out of it! All it took was a relativelly low speed fall over a big chunk of ice under the pow... Full delam and bend, from binding to the beggining of nose decamber, toe side...

As for the ride, it was quite unbelievable! I rode it in 20cm of fresh over ice. Great float and great bite when I hit the nasty stuff under. I mounted it dead center on the inserts and rode very centered - very surprising, considering 0 taper and very little built in setback. I guess it's the nose decamber that did the trick. It felt very soft to ride, yet had super rebound and snap. Also, one of the turniest and most agile boards I've ever tried. Very easy to carve switch too. I was even able to do relativelly fast and open carving through chop and mini moguls on mild blue run. On steeps and bigger bumps it was a shear pleasure...

Verdict: Aggression was way ahead of their times, with both use of the metal and nose decamber. However, their quality sucked, or at least the cap-metal idea, so it killed the metal revolution before it even started...