Note to New Members ×

Anyone have a newer BX board?

Futahaguro

I just asked someone about this but I thought I would throw out a line to see if there is one out there for me to try. I am looking at the Prior BX and the Donek Saber but I don't know if I really need to drop that much coin on a new board if it doesn't ride much different than my Avalanhce Ice Rocket:) I am open to trying the other ones if someone happens to have them, like Oxess, Kessler, Palmer, etc..

I have hardboots and Clicker softies so if anyone does have one that I can try out I am more than willing to pay for your lift ticket and some beers or something, if you are old enough of course:)

Thanks for viewing.

As far as I know - there are no Oxxes riders in the midwest - and only 1 SBX Kessler in Minnesota - and its custom built for a 15 year old.

(I did forwarded this link onto a MN rider with a sick SBX board for sale.)

Remember when buying a board there is a "Square tail" rule for racing USASA.

Which basically prohibits "square tails" in racing due to potential impact injury.) You can use alpine boards (most do not) but the tail radius has to be greater than a coke can.. or the series director has the ability to not let you race.

Courses can vary - but having seen the MN SBX courses the last few

years, I wouldn't want to ride them on a hardboot setup...

For what it's worth - In SBX I ride softies on a 165 Custom X

Are you talking about Doug and the Virus BX? He replied to me a big ago and I think it would be great to check it out sometime mostly because I never have ridden anything like that before. I will just stick to my Ice Rocket 159 for now and see how I like the BX stuff.

Thanks and see you out there some time.

Are you talking about Doug and the Virus BX? He replied to me a big ago and I think it would be great to check it out sometime mostly because I never have ridden anything like that before. I will just stick to my Ice Rocket 159 for now and see how I like the BX stuff.

Thanks and see you out there some time.

No, he is talking about one his racers.

Mine is a "BX" board. It would not bee good on the current courses I have seen. It is more of a damp wide carving board, with very forgiving flex.....

Thanks everyone, I got some e-mails regarding this so I am excited to try some stuff out at some point. I'm not really looking for a mostly directional carving board, more of something stiff that I can still take some jumps with and with a 24-25 waist so I can use my soft boots. I might retire my old Ice Rocket if I can find something newer that I like.

• 1 month later...