Note to New Members ×

Unique Rifle design - quite expensive too!

C5 Golfer

I saw this ad for an odd looking matched pair of double rifles... thought I would share the picture and story.

FUCHS – Matched Pair, .375 H&H, 21” fluted barrels, highest quality Austrian manufactured side by side bolt action double barreled magazine fed rifles, all major components manufactured of titanium, massively constructed receivers, double triggers, exhibition Turkish walnut stocks with rosewood tips, left handed guns, full coverage traditional ornamental scroll with bulino charging lion on one gun and bulino bull elephant on second gun, Schmidt & Bender 1.25-4x20 scopes on fully engraved quick detach titanium bases, leaf open sights on quarter rib, the very finest workmanship, incredible guns in every way, only matched pair of these gun ever manufactured by maker, most impressive pair of dangerous game guns we have ever encountered, includes aluminum travel cases, offered for sale far below replacement cost of $300,000.

I think he only wanted $225K for the pair..:biggthump

post-53-141842325544_thumb.jpg

I'd like to see more pics. I don't see a side by side double barrel in the pic and I can't figure out how you can have a single bolt feed two side by side barrels. I also dont quite get how a single mag. well feeds two s/s barrels. Beautiful guns though.

Paul

Ok that is some cool engineering... http://fuchsfineguns.com/ the mag is parallel double stacked.:1luvu:

The poor SOB has that set for sale on 5 different sites. I bet he's ditching them before the divorce settlement.

Paul

My bet is no divorce-- he just got them and found out they weigh too much to shoulder and shoot. ---- and also he forgot to tell them he is right handed

.375s are probably my favorite guns that or a .338.

I'm left handed

there's at least four or five boxed reloaded 375 in my cellar and tons of shells, bullets and powder down there!

no gun though.

BTW, if anyone want some reloading stuff I have a bunch I'd sell, was my Dad's if there's interest I can figure out what I have.

.375s are probably my favorite guns that or a .338.

I'm left handed

there's at least four or five boxed reloaded 375 in my cellar and tons of shells, bullets and powder down there!

no gun though.

BTW, if anyone want some reloading stuff I have a bunch I'd sell, was my Dad's if there's interest I can figure out what I have.

Well - Bob -- ditto on the .375 H&H -- my favorite also-- here is mine. It shoots very well too!. It is a Ruger #1 -- I restocked it myself out of a nice chunk of Black Walnut and did the checkering also. Had the barrel turned down by a gunsmith to remove some of the weight - the Standard #1 is a bit barrel heavy.

post-53-141842325586_thumb.jpg

post-53-141842325589_thumb.jpg

post-53-141842325593_thumb.jpg

Ok that is some cool engineering... http://fuchsfineguns.com/ the mag is parallel double stacked.:1luvu:

The poor SOB has that set for sale on 5 different sites. I bet he's ditching them before the divorce settlement.

Paul

yeah I would love to take one apart to see exactly how it works.

I noticed the multiple sales as well....divorce was my first thought