Note to New Members ×

Canadians near the boarder Need a favor

Bobby Buggs

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend, do not diss Canadian IPAs until you've tried Black Oak's Ten Bitter Years. Black Oak is a micro-brewery in Toronto. Ten Bitter Years is a limited edition double IPA and one of the finest beers I've ever tasted. 8% but it doesn't taste heavy. A pine/citrus nose. Even my lager-sipping wife likes it.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/black-oak-10-bitter-years/113477/

Tough to get outside of Ontario, I would think.

Unfortunately for me, my closest "large" town is Prince George. I keep asking for a change in the beers on tap but nothing ever changes. 4 of our pubs are owned by the same person(group) which makes for a homogeneity amongst the pubs. I agree there are good IPA's out there from Alberta and BC but our liquor control board being what it is........ controlling and archaic. Although it has come a long way from when i first got to BC in 1995. At that point, "Sports Bars" were allowed 1 20" TV to watch sports on. So that being said, I really appreciate going to Vancouver for some much better beer on tap.

I even asked for some winter ales or some Oatmeal stouts but its all about the bottom line.