Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows Reports 2010-2011

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Last time I rode was Friday and it was busy.

I tested a new 4 x4 hole mount attachment for my new plate system.

Worked real well.I had to put it on an old 197cm Burner as I had no boards with 4 hole patterns.All my boards have had some sort of plate system for the last 14years ,so no regular binding holes. Hope to ride with you guys soon.

I was there for a short time on friday too. Didn't see you Mike(tinks). Rode with Mike H. his daughter, and a few other friends.

Will most likely be up on tuesday with Randy. Should be a rather dead day since the long holiday weekend is over. Hopefully we get some sweet packed powder groom.

Dan:barf:

Anyone else? Weather dependent.

I went today with my kids on skiis . I was expecting a much bigger crowd ? The grooming was really good in the morning with sun and had fun with my kids . It should great snow but the afternoon the light turned flatish ? I am considering driving up again ?

Rode the storm with Randy and Sam today. Had some great runs in some really dry powder. Effortless turning. The light got pretty bad after 11am. I think it was dumping an inch or two an hour. Anyway, should be great powder all week if you want to brave the storms. Viva la expression.

Dan:barf::barf::barf::barf::cool:

:biggthump:biggthump

Spot on Jim and YES :eplus2::eek::biggthump today was better. Best powder day I have had in a long time!!!

<OBJECT width=425 height=344>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJGFPC-kNUw?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></OBJECT>

</P>nice:biggthump:eek:

HERO GROOM

HERO GROOM

HERO GROOM

Unbelievable HERO GROOM this morning. I don't think I've ever seen surface conditions this good. Chalky, squeeky, a little sticky. And bluebird to boot.

Also lots of light fluffy powder off piste, plenty untouched areas since Cascade was closed yesterday.

I was loving the powder on my Tanker but MAN I wish my VSR wasn't being tuned in the shop... Oh, the groom today and that board would've been SOOoooooo good. =(

Sam.

Same. Looking for the deepest day , mon, tues or wed. Prefer Mon or Tuesday. Spoke briefly with Ross. He is looking to go one of those days also.

The only day I can go early is tomorrow so decided to head up and make first tracks . Hoping winds stay low enough to not affect the lifts . If is good might go again teusday but can't leave pdx till 745 ....

Sounds like Monday was indeed windy enough to effect lifts. Those that toughed it out sounds like they had a super day.

Today was heavier snow, 5" or so. Deeper in many areas.

Pretty busy, road pretty hard until noon. Ross was there, rumour Jim was there. Didn't see anyone on the hill.

My second run over on SS. Plying the mud!!

<object width="853" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/VtpMx78Hpq4?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/VtpMx78Hpq4?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="510"></embed></object>

Hey I made up mon and today . Monday started off weird with Mex closed the first hour for winds so rode hrm which was really fun . They opened Mex + ss and actually got first chair so it was pretty good except for the whiteout at the top . The snow was much better Monday than today ? I did not expect that and thought it would remain cold today. I got there at 930 today and realized the huge crowds that came up and tracked the place out fast ! I didn't stay long because of being spoiled the day before ....

Ok, I sorta understand them not grooming yesterday cuz they thought it would dump overnight. But today should have been good carving... why no grooming? they didn't do any thing on SS or HRM:mad: Oh yeah, and MHX was "broken"? On my way back from HRM i thought Id get on Vista but....Blue chair was stopped. I'd run out of patience and bagged it. And yes, I would like some cheese with my whine.:D I did learn something new today though....Blue chair may actually be slower then Rainbow, though I'm sure it stopping 3 times on the way up added to that perception.