Note to New Members ×

Concker

BlueB

BlueB proudly presents CONCKER!

Concker-01.jpg

Concker-07.jpg

Concker-08.jpg

State of the art 3D-compund curvature surface technology allowed for combination of CONCave and roCKER shapes, for ultimate stability of feet and board performance.

Concker-02.jpg

Concker-03.jpg

Tail has such a gradual and long rise, that it could act as a kick-tail, or if the front truck is set high, the board takes the rocker configuration.

Concker-06.jpg

Concave stretches all the way into the tail and is extra high in front, for more foot grip. Low concave in the mid-aft section provides a bit of flex when wanted and a lower platform for pushing.

Concker-05.jpg

Mahogany laminated in high grade epoxy, with a bi-ax carbon strip (optional) at the bottom, provides not only the stunning looks, but also a pleasant medium-stiff flex and a tad of twist for a bit of forgiveness in the ride, as well as nice rebound.

Base has a gun-metal “hammer” finish when carbon strip is used, or varnished mahogany.

Concker-09.jpg

Concker-10.jpg

Specs: L 31”, W 9”, WB: 18”, 19.5”, 20.75”, 22”

Intended use: Slalom TS, HS, GS, Pumping, Cruising

Concker-04.jpg

And how does it ride? Oh boy, wait for the video!

So far it scored raving reviews from test riders.

With Concker, you’ll Conquer!

Very very cool BlueB!!! :biggthump

It's pretty similar to a Fullbag slalom board. Main difference is that I keep the front concave constant all the way to the back where the back foot toes rest, to have the gas pedal effect. Then the back foot concave kicks in to create the spoontail. There's no flat surface anywhere.

Ts.jpg

Thanks Mig! You make some of the coolest products out there.

I like moving my back foot fore/aft for different applications, or even for different courses, so I tried to avoid a "kink" in the rail which would dictate the toes position. Also, I wanted a super long tail, that could act like rocker profile when board is set that way.

Slightly flatter (yet not completelly flat) spot at 2/3 of the board's length alows me to generte flex when I step right on top of it, or to have very little when on top of the rear truck. So I have an "MDP" (Medium Distance Pumping) and SL board in one.

Here we go:

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30mjtXFfOJI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30mjtXFfOJI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="480"></embed></object>

Not too sure what happened to the soundtrack, it might be dissabled by youtube...

• 2 weeks later...
BlueB proudly presents CONCKER!

Concker-01.jpg

State of the art 3D-compund curvature surface technology allowed for combination of CONCave and roCKER shapes, for ultimate stability of feet and board performance.

Tail has such a gradual and long rise, that it could act as a kick-tail, or if the front truck is set high, the board takes the rocker configuration.

Concave stretches all the way into the tail and is extra high in front, for more foot grip. Low concave in the mid-aft section provides a bit of flex when wanted and a lower platform for pushing.

Mahogany laminated in high grade epoxy, with a bi-ax carbon strip (optional) at the bottom, provides not only the stunning looks, but also a pleasant medium-stiff flex and a tad of twist for a bit of forgiveness in the ride, as well as nice rebound.

Base has a gun-metal “hammer” finish when carbon strip is used, or varnished mahogany.

Specs: L 31”, W 9”, WB: 18”, 19.5”, 20.75”, 22”

Intended use: Slalom TS, HS, GS, Pumping, Cruising

And how does it ride? Oh boy, wait for the video!

So far it scored raving reviews from test riders.

With Concker, you’ll Conquer!

Dip: First Production - to Scooby :eplus2:

I don't know how Blueb did it but this deck rocks, easy to manouver and control. With his trucks and bushings set up is like xtra rebound was add to the board, which needed when deck picked up speed.

Well done Bro!:biggthump

RT

• 7 months later...

By some lucky and strange trade, I came into possesion of a Fullbag Junk in the Trunk. Quality of the build is outstanding. Dimensions are very similar to my Concker, except for a 3/4" shorter wheel base. So, I had to set both boards with identical trucks/bushings and run the same course back to back. Wow, very different ride from 2 boards that that are similar at the first sight!

Shortly, I'd describe the Fullbag as a scorpio and Concker as a snake. They are both deadly, but kill the course in their own fashions.

I'm very lucky to have these 2 outstanding machines in my quiver!

Very stoked you like the JITT, BlueB!!! :biggthump

You should get a BC group organized and come to the Dovercourt Open on July 1st and 2nd, or to the Worlds in August this summer. Both races are in Ottawa, and it would be great to see some west coast representation this year.

Hey Mig, I'd love to come, but... I'll be in Europe right through July and August. I almost decided to cut my stay short, to be able to ride the Worlds. If it wasn't for an international reggatta I intend to sail while in Europe, I would.

We might do a small scale outlaw TS/HS event in September, few WA and OR guys might participate too. Care to join?

I would really like to. I have already 2 races booked in september. One is a local outlaw we usually throw on the 3 day weekend and the other is the Can/Am Slalom Championship in NH. Let me know the date when you'll have it.

Here is my new Concker 34" Carbon:

Another project well done :biggthump...Nicely position all the curve front and back, stiffer but weigh less thn the predecessor. Responsive but not wild, easily predict deck reaction....

hmmm I wonder if larger scale/custom for near future...;) 1st Concker is in a good hand now...:ices_ange

RT

• 2 weeks later...