Note to New Members ×

Overdone Noodles

Chubz

October 1, 2010:

Season kick off will vary for all. Chomping the bit. Late November for some, December for others. Whatever the launch date, we are all excited for the new season.

Now is the time to step up and afford yourself some time to prep those lungs, legs and heart for the season. In nearly 30 seasons of riding, last year was the first year I put forth effort to do conditioning prior to the season. That effort optimized my season ten-fold and then some.

If you have been teetering to some running, plyo, squats, whatever. tip that scale and give yourself that time, you will be glad that you did and your season will shine even more.

Snow cant get here quick enough

definitaly getting in shape or keeping in shape in the off season is will do wonders for your riding season and your health.

I'm a high school PE teacher so in a sense I'm lucky I get to train, run and do sports with my students. We just finished this week a week of Vo2 max testing with them. It is bad and sad.

I usually run during the summer but for some reason this summer I had a hard time getting back into it after my injury last winter. include hill work and short sprints in your workouts when you are ready for it.

Leg work is definitaly important in our sport but look into core work also, it just links everything together.

Never ben a huge fan of squatting but I find different lundges variation very effective.

Yoga ! I use www.yogatoday.com it's free. They even had a class once yoga for snowboarding.

Enjoy

i'm quite fortunate to have a freezer slope to play on at the weekends, but recently i've been using ankle weights when swimming (breaststroke), and that has made a huge difference to the strength of my quads.

or maybe it was trying to keep pace with the really fit woman in front of me that did it.

I have been doing Jim Wendlers 531 since the waning days of last season. I have been doing heavy olympic style( below paralell) squats and deadlifts barefoot (serious home gym) all summer. I am feeling pretty strong and looking foward to hitting the slope hard ina few weeks once lovelands white ribbon of death opens in a few weeks.

mario