Note to New Members ×

Burton Plate bindings, toe bail clip q's

andrew9

I was very lucky and got these old Burton bindings with a old board I purchased on eBay. The lady selling the board just asked me if i wanted them when I picked up the board, they weren't even on the listing!

I'm usually more of a skiier or softbooter, and was thinking of trying these with a softer pair of nodica 'easy move' ski boots I have, on a 164 stiff freeride (softboot style) board.

I think these may be 'performer' bindings? or maybe just 'carriers' they have a full metal plate underneath, like burton 'race' but with plastic bail blocks.

The Toe clip from one binding is missing.

Do you think these are worth fixing?

post-9237-141842319595_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I've seen the Ibex parts, They're out of stock at bomber at the moment, I might email them later.

But, I can't decide weather to fix them or get rid of them.

I hear mixed opinions about Burton hard boot bindings, from 'highly desirable, hard to find" to "They break all the time"

I don't want to spend the time/money looking for new clip(s) if the binding is likely to snap and break other parts.

From personal and 2nd hand experience, those binders are not meant for use with DIN ski boots.

You may be able to tighten up the toe & heel block enough to get a snug fit but the heel bail is too tall and will not sit flat on the heel ledge of DIN ski boots. This could allow the heel of boot to slide and/or twist out of the bail or cause the bail to break at the bend under the stresses of carving.

If your a light weight or not putting much stress on it, you might stay in, but I wouldn't chance it

AlpineTouring boots or hard snowboard boots should have no such issues because of the taller heel ledge.

Performance binders. Metal base plate and riveted on bail blocks. Bails are not replaceable. (You can, but you're drilling out rivets and replacing them with ground down nuts and bolts, etc) I've done it but do not advise it.

I'd say two half pairs make one whole pair.