Note to New Members ×

titanium in skis

nigelc

This brings about a VERY fun "board game" (teehee) if you have some buddies with nice quivers. Or in your case, some buddies to ride your nice quiver..

He, he, or even better, some buddies with nice quivers and we all ride each others' boards :D It is quite nice when you have 100+ boards at your disposal ;) You get to know the boards indespite of being a bunch of mediocre rideres, like we are...

Yeah, I used to have a very stiff carbon shortie - it kinda 'rang' when stomped on the hard pack...

I know that frozen curduroy too well. We used to get it quite often at Cypress. Somehow they changed to grooming early in the morning over the last 2 years. I still remember dropping into an accidental toeside EC. I very quickly relised it's unconfortable and instinctevelly pushed up with my palm - got the burn blisters through the glove!

Can anyone shed light on the liquidmetal product Head is using in their skis/tennis rackets?

http://www.liquidmetal.com/

It made the news again today through signing an exclusivity deal with apple for electronic gadgets.

I understand the alloy, the manufacturing process etc etc - but does anyone know how this translates to boards/skis and how it affects the ride?

Do they make sheets of it? Is anyone experimenting with it? The touted ability to store elastic energy is interesting, as is the video with the bouncing bearings, but how is that going to translate underfoot - more pop out of corners, more damp ride?