Note to New Members ×

Colorado/Utah in October - Road Trip Advice

Speedzilla

I'll be traveling to AZ with the Fam the first weekend of October.

We plan on spending a couple days in CO, or possibly Eastern Utah (Moab) on our way out. If Loveland has a great early snowmaking season and is open that early, we'll likely spend a day there, although that is pretty early.

We'll have two kids (3 & 7) along for the ride.

Anyone have any advice on where to stay or what to do with two kiddos?

If it were just me and the wife, this would be easy to plan.

I was thinking about staying in the Glenwood Springs area, but I have no idea what there is to do around there. I have also though about staying in Moab and maybe renting some bikes.

Any ideas are appreciated.

The white ribbon of death may be starting to form, but i highly doubt it will be ready that early in October. Go hike and enjoy the scenery!

as of this moment, Loveland says the snowmaking will begin in 1 month, 13 days, 14 hours and 25 minutes...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERy-9DZJsbE&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERy-9DZJsbE&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Thanks for the tips all, I think we'll head for Moab.

October is one of the best times of the year to visit Moab (temperature wise.)

Rent a Jeep, strap the fam in, drive it like rental, get caked in red sand / dust. (Shower water will still turn red a week after the rental drive, if you do it right...)

HoovLions42.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Stop by Bomber on your way either in to CO or on the way back. We're in Summit County! The leaves will be turning here and the weather can be iffy, but if it's nice, it's NIIIIIIIICCCCCEEEEE! :) Great time of year and I think these guys are right to steer you to the desert. That's where we all head that time of year.

Safe travels!