Note to New Members ×

Mounting Vist plate on Prior WCR

ZetaTre

I bought one of the Vist plates that is for sale in the classified (:eplus2:) to mount on my Prior WCR Metal. The board doesn't have the 2 center inserts so I was wondering what would the pros suggest to do it to add the two holes.

It looks like one of the alternatives is to just drill the holes using the plate as template and use 2 wood screws with some wood glue.

Anything else?

I thought there was a way to lock the front (or back) if you didn't have the middle screws.
Just lock the back and float the front. You can skip the middle holes. I've tried this on two Coilers already and it worked quite well. :)
I sent you an email with my #, give me a call and I'll help you out.

Thanks so much everyone!!!! I guess I'll just forget about the center holes, lock the back and float the front...

Now I need snow... ehehehhe

Why risk drilling holes in a fancy new metal board though? Locking the back and floating the front without center holes works fine. I used the center holes floating/rear locked on a board that had proper inserts and noticed no difference than without. I did try a center locked/front&rear float however and actually liked that configuration best over a rear lock, but only by a hair.

Luca, make sure to check the screws every few days of riding, especially the floating ones. Mine seem to come loose easily. That might be one of the only reasons to seek out real center inserts. Also, check the plastic mounting holes for the floating washers to see if there are any divots or wear points. I had to sand mine down a bit to remove a ledge since I have a fairly well used plate.

I bought one of the Vist plates that is for sale in the classified (:eplus2:) to mount on my Prior WCR Metal. The board doesn't have the 2 center inserts so I was wondering what would the pros suggest to do it to add the two holes.

It looks like one of the alternatives is to just drill the holes using the plate as template and use 2 wood screws with some wood glue.

Anything else?

Missed those? Link to the sale?

Why risk drilling holes in a fancy new metal board though? Locking the back and floating the front without center holes works fine. I used the center holes floating/rear locked on a board that had proper inserts and noticed no difference than without. I did try a center locked/front&rear float however and actually liked that configuration best over a rear lock, but only by a hair.

Luca, make sure to check the screws every few days of riding, especially the floating ones. Mine seem to come loose easily. That might be one of the only reasons to seek out real center inserts. Also, check the plastic mounting holes for the floating washers to see if there are any divots or wear points. I had to sand mine down a bit to remove a ledge since I have a fairly well used plate.

Very good! Thanks for the suggestions... I'll make sure too use some lube an the floating points and threadlock on the mounting bolts

Missed those? Link to the sale?

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30958