Note to New Members ×

WTB Race board + bindings, possibly boots

OBie

Hey everyone! I've been snowboarding freestyle since 1998, and now I want to get into some GS racing. Anybody have a used board and bindings they can sell me? I'm like a size 10.5 boot, but I may just bite the bullet and buy those new. My zipcode is also 01749. thanks!

oh, im also 6"1, 170lbs...if that helps!

Hey everyone! I've been snowboarding freestyle since 1998, and now I want to get into some GS racing. Anybody have a used board and bindings they can sell me? I'm like a size 10.5 boot, but I may just bite the bullet and buy those new. My zipcode is also 01749. thanks!

oh, im also 6"1, 170lbs...if that helps!

I know you mentioned you might wanna buy them new, but just in case, I still have these Raichle 325 for sale: http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30551

I wouldn't use your street shoe size to measure boots. What you should do is stand up against a wall and measure tip to toe the length of your foot in centimeters. This will give you the Mondo Points size, which is what you normally use when purchasing hardboots. It's a much more accurate measure.

That said, the boots I have are a size 28.

Lemme know if interested and I'll give you S&H quote to your zip code...

pretty much the boots are the same as a ski boot, correct?

Well... Kinda look like it, but not quite... Different flex pattern and sole... The Raichle are pure alpine boots, not ski boots. They are one of the top brand.

Here's some reading so you can get some education on the topic of carving gears: http://www.alpinecarving.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I haven't posted yet because I have no time right now. But I have a pair if Deeluxe 700's used one season,2 pairs of Trench Diggers 2 and a 173 Nidecker and a 177 nidecker gs that i will part with. I'll check back in a couple days. I am also in MA

update! look what I got for $60 shipped!

snowboard.jpg

the board is a bit short, but its a start!

That is a great buy. The race plates will typically sell for more than that.

Nicely done!! What length is it?

Hint: Remove the stickers, car wax the top, get it all nice and clean, sell the snowboard. Save the bindings.

Then offer 135$ SHIPPED to the seller of the 164cm Alp. Work it!

Hint, take the lime green steel plates loose from the bindings, sand them and paint them black. Mount them on the next board and you are looking good. Then again, some might really like the lime green?

when you say my stance is gonna be maxed out, are you talking about the distance between my bindings, they are gonna be spread out as far as possible?

Yes, the distance between the centers of your widest binding setting may end up sub 18". At your height I would think you will want to be somewhere between 19 and 20.5" center measurement. If all you can get is <18" it doesn't mean you can't ride it, it may just not be ideal.