Note to New Members ×

Calling all UK hard booters

Willow 15

cool stuff, pun not intended.

i'll be there this saturday from 6, that's when the all-evening offer begins. i've been softbooting with the razor there since 'gorm finished, but i suppose i could suck it up and take the F2 to scare the plebs.

it's really easy to find from the M8. there's a huge overhead exit sign that says 'Braehead'.

Hello carvers on the other side of the pond!

Hey, would you guys like a forum for the UK area in the Ride Board? I always wondered if we should add areas other than in North America. Just a matter if there is interest. Let me know if this would help.

Hey, would you guys like a forum for the UK area in the Ride Board? I always wondered if we should add areas other than in North America. Just a matter if there is interest. Let me know if this would help.
but then you'd all miss out on the enriching benefits of our witty banter! ;)

not sure a dedicated board is worth it for 3 regular posters.

Yea, might not get a lot of traffic but I would try it if there was interest.

And I felt kinds bad for you guys as we just celebrated the 4th of July this weekend and...well....that whole thing really did not go well for you guys. Sorry I guess, better luck next time ;)

And I felt kinds bad for you guys as we just celebrated the 4th of July this weekend and...well....that whole thing really did not go well for you guys. Sorry I guess, better luck next time ;)

That's alright. 4th July is when we celebrate Thanks Giving :lol:

Hello carvers on the other side of the pond!

<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> ______________

That would be great but very under used. Then again it would fantastic as no british forum would disgrace their pages with a hard boot fun. I remember way, way back in the day(90ish) people here were pro race carve rather than extreme/euro carve, now I wish people would carve.

Damn it, do it Fin, please do it. I will try and post something every day.

mmmmmm where are you white guys really from!!!!!:lol:

I forgot to mention Fin, I will be riding Tues or Wed on s%$t snow so you could fedx/ups me one of those cheat platters for a test. I will not be entering your naming test but it has to be Top Shelf. Think of all the delights on the top shelf of the magazine shop.

riding Tues or Wed on s%$t snow
just get properly forward and dig that nose into the underlying ice-packed astroturf. very grippy. ;)

do you cake your base with wax before going on the white sand and frozen 'turf? i find it's pretty harsh on the base. polar-x blue ftw.

I think you're suffering from Hollywood's version of history, or maybe you've deeper problems.

---

Which Tuesday or Wednesday? It's too far for me to drive for a day but I may need to drive north at some point.

UK forums are like UK snow-oriented magazines: mostly for beginners. If any of those guys learn how to turn... well they'll be carvers without knowing it.

I is sure there is an artificial ski slope in Steynes which is where Ali G him is from innit.

You blokes are riding on real snow, artificial snow that is created above freezing, or is it that green bristley stuff?

Fin - I don't think the Scots could care less about July 4th; and I am not really thinking the average Englishman considers July 4th to be much; their version of history is nothing like The Patriot nor Braveheart; that's just some Aussie's attempt to cash in on the world's particularly poor abilty to learn history.

If you want to see some Pommy hatred, you need to go to Anzac day, where despite the realities of history, basically everything that went wrong in a war that all the soldiers who survived already died from old age are blamed on the English in a 1 day ceremony where ironically the enemy of the battle (the Turkish) is embraced at the actual site of Gallipoli.

Kiwis and Aussie make it a national pasttime to complain about the english....ironically it isn't the Maori, Pacific Islanders, Jewish, Chinese etc doing the complaining....it's all the white faces who are formerly European or English with a healthy group of Scots and Irish descent in there too.

I blame the rugby world cup results.

You blokes are riding on real snow, artificial snow that is created above freezing, or is it that green bristley stuff?
well. it's more like real powdered ice, created at -5c / 23f. it has a really fine texture.

the base that stops it all from sliding downhill seems to be an astroturf-style material.

Which Tuesday or Wednesday? It's too far for me to drive for a day but I may need to drive north at some point.
Probably Wednesday, but thats not definite due to work patterns.
UK forums are like UK snow-oriented magazines: mostly for beginners. If any of those guys learn how to turn... well they'll be carvers without knowing it.
Nail on head. There are a few guys know what they are talking about but there is a lot more who know f all, and the worrying thing is some of them purport to being instructors.
do you cake your base with wax before going on the white sand and frozen 'turf? i find it's pretty harsh on the base. polar-x blue ftw.
Never witnessed the frozen turf senario, but every time I have been is when they first open. So there are no punters and it has been freshly groomed.

Never witnessed the frozen turf senario, but every time I have been is when they first open. So there are no punters and it has been freshly groomed.
wish i could say the same about glasgow. saturday night past, there was almost a mogul field in the top section. not the best conditions for my second outing in hardboots.

top remark from the evening

how are you managing to turn that? it's got no sidecut..

think i'll stick with the razor until someone starts selling BTS kits again, though. should be just in time for winter.

wish i could say the same about glasgow. saturday night past, there was almost a mogul field in the top section. not the best conditions for my second outing in hardboots.

Probably not brilliant to start, although that sounds pretty good to me - mostly those places are so flat they're not hugely interesting: bumps would be great. I assume there's a technology issue otherwise they'd have bumps like at dry slopes..